Source for 3x20uF cap can with three ground tabs?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

FUCHSAUDIO

Re: Source for 3x20uF cap can with three ground tabs?

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Do a google search for Hayseed Hamfest. They custom make quad caps and these smaller 3-section caps as used in Valco, Supro, and Silvertone amps (and likely others).
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:53 pmDo a google search for Hayseed Hamfest...
Wow, they have really dressed up their site! Catering to the Ham and Hi-Fi crowd, mostly.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

martin manning wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:55 pm
FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:53 pmDo a google search for Hayseed Hamfest...
Wow, they have really dressed up their site! Catering to the Ham and Hi-Fi crowd, mostly.
I use them regularly for Silvertone, Danelectro, Valco, and similar amps using the smaller size. I would rather not open up the chassis holes, especially on older, rare stuff.
I like that you can built to order. I often up values in certain amps that can benefit. Their pretty fairly priced, considering the work you save.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

I had heard about Hayseed but didn't realize they were local. Just got a pile of old gear, indirectly, from him. I have a friend who buys old stuff for the tubes and gives me whatever he doesn't want. He was chatting with the hayseed guy and said some of those caps are in the fancy new Jimmy Page amps.