Din 6 pin outs, where is the ground pin at?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Dennis Perusse

Din 6 pin outs, where is the ground pin at?

Post by Dennis Perusse »

Hello all,

This is one of those questions that stumps me to no end because it is probably so simple. I have a din 6 both male and female plug and I have absolutely no clue which is the ground pin on it. Could the hive mind let me know this as I am getting closer to finishing up my amp project but this is stumping me at this point. This is going to be used for a foot pedal just so people know what it is going to be used for. :-)

Thanks in Advance.

Dennis
maxkracht

Re: Din 6 pin outs, where is the ground pin at?

Post by maxkracht »

If you are building the amp you get to choose what pin is ground. I don’t believe there is a single standard, but pin 1 is a common choice. If you already have a cable, use whatever is connected to the shield?
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

I don't believe I have ever seen a EIA standard for that, so whatever number pin puts a smile on your face.
The only consideration I can see is that if your cable needs a sheid and these connectors have a metal case then you want that case to be at ground.

In that case use whatever pin makes that easier to accomplish.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Dennis Perusse

Post by Dennis Perusse »

Hello,

Yeah, after talking to a few people outside of this forum I'm going to take your advice and pick a pin and use it for ground after all. Thanks for the replies Maxkracht and Stevem, I truly appreciate it. :-)

Dennis