Peak Boomer Nonsense incoming

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

beasleybodyshop

Peak Boomer Nonsense incoming

Post by beasleybodyshop »

https://www.jens-ritter-shop.com/produc ... encore-amp

Just in case you need something to match your Corvette and New Balance laden midlife crisis.

I wish I had this much audacity. I noticed there are no gut shots. Must not be "that" proud of it eh??

Miles, I need one of your iconic anecdotes here.

:lol:
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
WhopperPlate

Re: Peak Boomer Nonsense incoming

Post by WhopperPlate »

Although the aesthetics of cars and guitars already share many similarities, but I am not too sure about this car radio vintage pickup truck wheel well hybrid going on here
Charlie
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

beasleybodyshop wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:34 pm https://www.jens-ritter-shop.com/produc ... encore-amp

Just in case you need something to match your Corvette and New Balance laden midlife crisis.

I wish I had this much audacity. I noticed there are no gut shots. Must not be "that" proud of it eh??

Miles, I need one of your iconic anecdotes here.

:lol:
good lord... I used to look for places to sleep that I might be protected from asteroid strikes. These days.. naked on the lawn and come get me.

The gut shots would be like slicing Grimace open.

UNSEE UNFOLLOW UNLIKE UNDO UNSANCTION

NSFW: Try the 90° Dildo!! (sound of people dropping percussion instruments as notated)

Ask about my simple urinal cake recipe. Only takes a minute and has two easily guessed ingredients.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
beasleybodyshop

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

This could actually be an Overdrive Special with the HRM controls on the front. Actually wait it has 4 preamp tubes so maybe something different.
Its also running a Hammond 1760 series output transformer.

The power transformer looks like a Hammond 372HX. I am judging this by the look of the height difference between the power tubes and the top of the transformer. He has ripped the labels off of them.

Love the glossy paint but I would rather use that money to be a real midlife crisis sports car!
Time for morning coffee,

Thanks for posting Beasley!
G.
beasleybodyshop

Agree Guy, I can think of better uses for 40K in my life.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

A fool and his money are soon parted.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

GUFFAAAWWWW!!!!!

In all fairness to Jens, the tube shields ARE wire brushed, and the knobs have inset costume jewels. OMG.

If you're going to bake up some cake, don't be drinking anything out of Milwaukee if you're going to flirt with this kind of bimbo sh!t. The preamp even says Princess.

But don't you still wanna hear this thing, kinda?

EDIT: There's a YouTube video with a sound byte here:

If anything blows me away in this video, it's definitely the hot air.
Just plug it in, man.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It is huge. It's 258% dumber than I thought.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

I tried to watch.........
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

OW! My eyes! OW! My ears! Ohh please make it stop - first thing in the morning isn't the right time for this.

Miles strikes again. "The gut shots would be like slicing Grimace open." Oh noes, doesn't it have Cherman prezizion built drive train, surrounded with Body By Ghia? Or did they resurrect one of those Los Angeles Googy-style architects for this one? You think they would be proud to show us an under-the-hood peek. Either they're worried one of us will reverse engineer their prize, or it's as silly inside as out.

It's a looker all right. Imma look the other way.

down technical blind alleys . . .
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

In the microsecond of uninterrupted playing I heard (is there anything more telling than that?…) I thought the top end was sweet and seemingly chirpy , but that was imbalanced by an overly chewy undefined low midrange ; the enemy of articulation and clarity . Put this in a band mix and you might not hear the low E over the bassist .

Hard to tell what I am hearing . Maybe it’s poor mic technique and digital recording preamps contributing to that compressed in your face warm EQ that video/audio techs seem to smother everything with, but that’s the benefit of the doubt . That oddball cabinet looks like it has the frequency response of a Bose . my dad use to have a saying , “no highs , no lows , just Bose”

They would do best for themselves to provide an actual quality demonstration
Charlie
beasleybodyshop

If it's one thing I've learned about this kind of product, its less about what it does, and more about the status it will elevate the user. Whomever buys this is merely signaling to their peers that they have something that no one else has. A Van Gogh. A Rembrandt. They are buying a story and the hope is it will develop cachet due to it's rarity and story.

I can't really tell if this is meant to be cynical satire or Rick Flair level nonsense. Grimace, indeed.
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

Leo_Gnardo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm surrounded with Body By Ghia?
Ghia would have had nothing to do with this monstrosity....
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

beasleybodyshop wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:34 pm If it's one thing I've learned about this kind of product, its less about what it does, and more about the status it will elevate the user. Whomever buys this is merely signaling to their peers that they have something that no one else has. A Van Gogh. A Rembrandt. They are buying a story and the hope is it will develop cachet due to it's rarity and story.

I can't really tell if this is meant to be cynical satire or Rick Flair level nonsense. Grimace, indeed.
BOOM!
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars