JTM45 / JMP mods ?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

hebaton

JTM45 / JMP mods ?

Post by hebaton »

ON my JTM45 clone ( thanks Stephen from Trinity ) the OT has two primary inputs 6.6K and 8K
Currently usin 8K with KT66 I will be implementing a shared / split cathodes switch but would also like to know it it is possible to also have the possibility to switch primary input.
The plan is to be able to use as is and also be able to switch to SS rectification with a different bias adjustment and switch to EL34s at tha same time with the 6.6K primary ????
bepone

Re: JTM45 / JMP mods ?

Post by bepone »

this amp has already opened 10 threads? another one??
on the last thread sound was not so good?

...........in waiting for another thread.......... :mrgreen:
hebaton

Post by hebaton »

So, you are telling me I should not be asking questions to competent techs about what I hope to do with my amps ?

And, 10 thrads, a bit of exageration no ?
hebaton

Post by hebaton »

bepone wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:09 pm this amp has already opened 10 threads? another one??
on the last thread sound was not so good?

...........in waiting for another thread.......... :mrgreen:
Just looked it up, 3 threads, sorry if you feel that was much.
I guess you had an exponential function going there ?
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

hebaton wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:29 pmit it is possible to also have the possibility to switch primary input.
The plan is to be able to use as is and also be able to switch to SS rectification with a different bias adjustment and switch to EL34s at tha same time with the 6.6K primary ????
If you have two pairs of leads on the primary, you could use a DPDT switch to change from 6k6 to 8k. Be aware that the extra lead length might make it prone to oscillations, and you probably would not want to switch with power on. IMO 8k is too high for either KT66 or EL34, so I would recommend sticking with 6k6.

It is best to keep all posts around a given project in one thread so people don't have to remember what was going on or go looking for the context.