parallel tube FX loop for time-bases effects, only

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pjd3

parallel tube FX loop for time-bases effects, only

Post by pjd3 »

Hello,

While I realize this is a topic that has been beat to death and easy to say "Google is your friend", I've found that nearly every type of search has lead to threads that don't seem to ever land on a solution that isn't marred with controversy.

So, I'm going to try this a different way:.

Has anyone come across a reasonably adequate solution/circuit for a tube parallel effects loop that will be used for "time-based fx, only"? So, no compression, no overdrive, no fuzz or eq - only reverbs and delay type effects implemented in the same fashion that you would see say, a lexicon reverb/ambient rack processor patched in a send/return fashion in a studio during mixing.
With all of the implementations we've seen in guitar tube amps such as mixing parallel channels (plexi), Fender reverb, it seems as though there had to be an implementation of a parallel tube FX circuit that was able to keep the direct Pre-amp-to-power amp signal integrity preserved, while offering an adjustable parallel send/received that would be mixed back in at some point without causing havoc or unacceptable compromise. While realize this probably seems like a naive request, it really has been that most every attempt made at location a circuit that would provide this, it is met with a lot of rebuttal on its integrity.

Have I just missed the boat on this? Because I'd love to build an amp that has this but am left very insecure on any consensus circuit that will not be wrought with compromise.

So please, feel free to "let me have it".

Thank you,
Best,
Phil D.l
I’m only one person (most of the time)
martin manning

Re: parallel tube FX loop for time-bases effects, only

Post by martin manning »

Not sure if this is what you're after, but maybe worth a look: https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21205
pjd3

Re: parallel tube FX loop for time-bases effects, only

Post by pjd3 »

Absolutely Martin, thank you for sending this link.

It appears one or two who tried it out reported that it does just what is says it supposed to do, a clear direct signal with a tapped parallel line to effects that can be brought back.

Looks good, thank you.

Best,

Phil
I’m only one person (most of the time)