Bogner Uberschall ultra schematic?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

psychepool

Bogner Uberschall ultra schematic?

Post by psychepool »

Recently, I have built several high gain amplifiers with my own configuration.
Whenever I was selecting list for the circuit I wanted to make, Bogner uberschall was always included.
I thought it was attractive because the low-end, which felt a bit loose compared to other high-gain amplifiers, had a brutal feel, but in the end I couldn't choose it.

There may be many reasons for not choosing it, but the feeling that it is a bit of a one-trick pony and the lack of reliability of the circuit diagrams I found seem to be the biggest reasons for my reluctance to produce it.

I had forgotten about this amp for a while, but recently I happened to listen to Ultra's sound samples.
I was surprised to see that a vast variety of tone making was possible compared to the early models include Twin Jet.
Rather than the clean/dirty two-channel configuration seen in commonly findable Uberschall circuits, it seems to be basically composed of two gain channels like a twin jet, and each channel had numerous tone shaping options.
It was very attractive that in addition to the heavy tone of the existing Uberschall, it could also express classic Marshall or hot rod Marshall sounds.

Actually, since I am not a listener who only listens to metal, I felt regretful that I only made high-gain amplifiers recently, so I was thinking of making a circuit with a more classic sound the next time I build an amplifier (e.g. Matchless dc30).
However, if I can get the schematic of the Uberschall ultra, I would seriously consider making another high-gain amplifier.

As with the amplifiers I've built so far, I don't think I'll be doing a 1:1 copy, so it would be nice to have at least some information to give me an idea of ​​the functionality.
The Uber/crunch(clean)/ultra switch is presumed to control the number of gain stages, and the pre qe switch is presumed to change the bright cap or coupling cap, but I can't guess what the Metamorph knob is configured to be.

I feel like this post is getting unnecessarily long, but does anyone have the circuit for uberschall ultra?
Uberschall clones that are often found all appear to be early circuits.

Below are the schematics I found so far.
There are slight differences in each, but they all seem to have some aspects that make them less reliable.
Anyway, I couldn't find any ultra circuits at all.

UberPre.jpg
Uberschall-1.jpg
Uberschall-2.jpg
Uberschall_01.jpg
Uberschall_02.jpg
Uberschall_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psychepool

Re: Bogner Uberschall ultra schematic?

Post by psychepool »

Uber Ultra appears to be composed of two gain channels like twin jets, rather than a clean channel/gain channel configuration like the early circuit.
If I could find a twin jet circuit, it would be a very helpful reference for the basic configuration, but it is also difficult to find.

However, I found information about the twin jet's tube layout on the web.
uber_tj_tube_lay_text.jpg

I don't know if this is correct info, but if infer from this, is it roughly structured like this?
uber_tj_tube_lay_01.jpg

Or is it something like this? I feel like this would be a good way to configure a Marshall hot rod-like circuit on channel 1.
This seems suitable for applying the various features applied to Ultra.
Personally, this structure brings more ideas to my mind, but the one closer to the text is like the circuit diagram above.
uber_tj_tube_lay_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.