Anyone else having issues with Mouser?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Fictitiousfreedom

Anyone else having issues with Mouser?

Post by Fictitiousfreedom »

I have been having the worst time with mouser the last two months. I have been a customer of theirs for ten years or so and they have always been great. My last few orders just stayed pending and after a week would then be canceled so i have had to deal with live chat which takes hours. The first time this happened my account was deleted somehow and i lost access to certain invoices. This most recent one went the same way, was in live chat all day and when they finally sent my order it was completely wrong, it was similar to a previous order but slightly different and missing things. Was on live chat for 12 hours, was told id be getting a shipping label and refund but the guy ghosted me and i have not gotten anything from them. Ive emailed them 8 times with no reply this month. When i’ve called I’ve gotten hung up on or sat waiting forever. Im about to cut my loses and go to digikey but ive become very familiar with mousers site and inventory.

So anyone else experiencing these problems or am i just getting unlucky?
Camden

Woodworking, music, tubeamps, art and animation, and DIY electronics
Www.fictitiousfuzz.com
Www.fictitiousfuzz.com/tubeamps
xtian

Re: Anyone else having issues with Mouser?

Post by xtian »

No issues here. I order from mouser a few times each month, small orders. They're fast. Sorry for your troubles!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

I've had a handful of errors in the past few years after over a decade of zero issues. Missing/damaged parts a few times and once they decided I was a reseller and wouldn't sell me certain products. They asked for a link to my janky website to prove I was a nobody then took me off that list. Not enough to stop shopping there, but enough to notice a decline. I would recommend emailing them instead of calling/live chat. I think most places don't want to pay a living wage that keeps up with inflation so workers aren't going to put in much effort.
Fictitiousfreedom

Post by Fictitiousfreedom »

xtian wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:26 pm No issues here. I order from mouser a few times each month, small orders. They're fast. Sorry for your troubles!
Thanks!
maxkracht wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:51 pm I've had a handful of errors in the past few years after over a decade of zero issues. Missing/damaged parts a few times and once they decided I was a reseller and wouldn't sell me certain products. They asked for a link to my janky website to prove I was a nobody then took me off that list. Not enough to stop shopping there, but enough to notice a decline. I would recommend emailing them instead of calling/live chat. I think most places don't want to pay a living wage that keeps up with inflation so workers aren't going to put in much effort.
I have emailed them 8 times with no response. I have also had a few orders over the years be wrong but they always handle it well. I think your right about not wanting to pay a living wage, that seems to be what most corporations have done. Its almost as if they attempt to deter any type of communications, which you would think is bad for business but i suppose now that we live in bizarro world this is how it is.

Thanks man.
Camden

Woodworking, music, tubeamps, art and animation, and DIY electronics
Www.fictitiousfuzz.com
Www.fictitiousfuzz.com/tubeamps
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Whenever I've called them, they've been super helpful. Are the real people gone, now?
Just plug it in, man.