Deluxe Reverb Build

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M3thoms

Deluxe Reverb Build

Post by M3thoms »

Hey gang, I've been messing around with my modded deluxe reverb schematic and I've hit a bit of a snag. I've been referring to schematics of Rivera era fenders, mainly the Deluxe Reverb II and the Concert ii, and effectively combining the schematics so that I can trace my signal path. I am going to input some footswitching capabilities which I haven't drawn yet, but I've hit a bit of a stumbling block. I'm not sure how to connect the FX loop, Reverb and Power section together. I have attached a pdf of my schematic for you guys to look through. There are no component values filled in yet, but I'm wondering if all the wires are in the right place. If not (I'm sure there are a bunch of mistakes this is my first time designing a schematic from scratch) could you point them out to me so that I can fix them. Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sluckey

Re: Deluxe Reverb Build

Post by sluckey »

V5A grid needs a resistor to ground.
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

Top of reverb pot is tied to B+, should be to V5b plate and needs a coupling cap.

Where does power for V3 come from?

Presence cap?

V6b output circuit makes no sense.

Screen and grid resistors for power tubes.

What is bottom of level pot feeding V2a tied to? Does this triode need grid resistors?
Glenn
Ten Over

Post by Ten Over »

Here is a straightened-out Concert Series schematic. There isn't really a Concert II, but everybody uses that designation because all of the other ones are "II's".
Fender Concert Series 1983.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

Ten Over wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm Here is a straightened-out Concert Series schematic. There isn't really a Concert II, but everybody uses that designation because all of the other ones are "II's".
Fender Concert Series 1983.png
I've just noticed that the FX loop comes after the reverb. Whereas in mine it comes before. What impact is this likely to have?
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

It's been linked to DPS (double post syndrome). :mrgreen:
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

OKAY, so I've spent an evening rejigging the schematic. What do we think now guys?
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

Yet again, some more questions on the Rivera Deluxe Reverb style build I've got going on. I've drawn the Vactrol LED's as simple LDR switches on my schematic, the latest version of which I have attached. I have some questions about how footswitching between channels and turning on/off certain functions like the mid-boost would work, and how would I show this functionally on a schematic. I don't really get it and can't find any good resources on the subject online. Also, not sure how to implement a boost function alongside the six position FAT switch as indicated on the schematic. I know I've done it wrong but I don't know how to do it right. Basically, what I want to happen is that I have my preferred rhythm style of mids dialled in with the FAT switch then I hit a footswitchable mid boost for extra gain in solos. So if I have two 0.02uf caps in series, I would be able to switch in an additional third 0.02uf cap in series as well. The theory is something similar to the Custom Audio Amplifiers OD100. Thanks for all your help.
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

The main input and FX input jacks will not work as drawn.

How do you intend to bias the power tubes?
Glenn
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

GAStan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:34 pm The main input and FX input jacks will not work as drawn.

How do you intend to bias the power tubes?
Yeah I figured haha, was mostly guessing when I drew them. How do these work? What would be the correct way to draw them?

I was going to use fixed bias with resistors.
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

Here's the last version, pretty sure I've got this right guys but as always input is always welcome!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

What attracts you to this amp?
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

Your last update made my head hurt.

I suggest going back to your original schematic and get it corrected prior to adding mods.
Glenn
pdf64

Post by pdf64 »

M3thoms wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:28 pm Here's the last version, pretty sure I've got this right guys but as always input is always welcome!
A grid requires a DC path back to its cathode, never leave it floating.
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

GAStan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:40 am Your last update made my head hurt.

I suggest going back to your original schematic and get it corrected prior to adding mods.
What do you mean 'original schematic'? I'm trying to correct it except I don't know where the problems are, hence the thread