Deluxe Reverb Build

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

GAStan

Re: Deluxe Reverb Build

Post by GAStan »

M3thoms wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:36 pm
GAStan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:40 am Your last update made my head hurt.

I suggest going back to your original schematic and get it corrected prior to adding mods.
What do you mean 'original schematic'? I'm trying to correct it except I don't know where the problems are, hence the thread
The schematic in your vey first post. It has numerous errors that were pointed out. The next iteration you posted still has several errors in the original sections, but you have also added more circuitry which also has errors compounding the problem.

Let me ask you this: how much electronics education do you have?
Glenn
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

GAStan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 pm
GAStan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:40 am Your last update made my head hurt.

I suggest going back to your original schematic and get it corrected prior to adding mods.
What do you mean 'original schematic'? I'm trying to correct it except I don't know where the problems are, hence the thread
The schematic in your vey first post. It has numerous errors that were pointed out. The next iteration you posted still has several errors in the original sections, but you have also added more circuitry which also has errors compounding the problem.

This is my first time, it's purely a hobby. At the end of the day it's lines on a piece of paper. So I'd calm down if I were you. I appreciate you telling me where errors are, but realistically you've not told me anything about how to fix them, or why they're wrong. Your critique isn't helpful so hop off this thread. Cheers.
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

M3thoms wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:54 pm

This is my first time, it's purely a hobby. At the end of the day it's lines on a piece of paper. So I'd calm down if I were you. I appreciate you telling me where errors are, but realistically you've not told me anything about how to fix them, or why they're wrong. Your critique isn't helpful so hop off this thread. Cheers.
Your enthusiasm is to be admired. Your intention is good. But you seem to have unrealistic expectations, like a person who picks up a guitar for the first time and expects to play like SRV.

I'm not the one that's upset, but I seem to be the main one trying to help you. You expect the members here to do all of the work for you and are unwilling to figure things out for yourself. This is all meant with the best of intentions, not to bring you down but to hopefully reconsider your approach.

But as you wish, I'll " hop off".

Best of luck to you :D
Glenn
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

GAStan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:06 pm
M3thoms wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:54 pm

Your enthusiasm is to be admired. Your intention is good. But you seem to have unrealistic expectations, like a person who picks up a guitar for the first time and expects to play like SRV.

I'm not the one that's upset, but I seem to be the main one trying to help you. You expect the members here to do all of the work for you and are unwilling to figure things out for yourself. This is all meant with the best of intentions, not to bring you down but to hopefully reconsider your approach.

But as you wish, I'll " hop off".

Best of luck to you :D
Although you claim to be the guy that's just trying to help me out the most, you've ignored my questions, belittled my engineering knowledge and cast aspersions about what I expect of the members of the forum. I don't expect anyone to do the work for me. I started this thread asking for advice on my project. I began this thread saying this is my first time, and that there are doubtless many errors in my project, but I'm the one that spends hours shifting around things on the schematic, rejigging different elements and reading constantly. Not once have I said, "hey guys send me back a fully corrected schematic so I'm good to go". I want to do this myself, but I am most definitely going to ask more experienced builders for help and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It certainly doesn't constitute making my fellow members do all the work for me. You point out the errors, you tell me how to correct them, I correct them. Simple as. I'm confused as to what you think I should do differently regarding my own project. No one is forcing you to reply to the thread, bro.

Please re-read your contributions and consider how many of my questions asked directly to you you actually answered. Please re-read how many explanations you provided. Shouldn't take you to long, because you didn't.
xtian

Post by xtian »

FYI, OP has started a similar thread at thegearpage.net:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... b.2550271/
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
M3thoms

Post by M3thoms »

xtian wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:59 pm FYI, OP has started a similar thread at thegearpage.net:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... b.2550271/
Yeah I just posted haha, thanks for checking it out!