Chassis dimensions of a Matchless C30

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dehughes

Chassis dimensions of a Matchless C30

Post by dehughes »

Hello again,

I managed to get the info I needed on Hiwatt chassis, so now all I need is the dimensions of a DC30 (or any C30, for that matter) chassis. I'm trying to use the layout as a general idea for my own creation, but I think I want to make my chassis a bit larger.

So, if anyone out there knows the dimensions of a Matchless C30 chassis, please pass it on! :)

Thanks much!

david
Legin

Re: Chassis dimensions of a Matchless C30

Post by Legin »

You might want to ask at trinityamps.com Stephen would probably know.
Nigel
dehughes

Post by dehughes »

Legin wrote:You might want to ask at trinityamps.com Stephen would probably know.
Nigel
Will do. Thanks!

david
Tdale

Post by Tdale »

http://www.acplink.com/chassis/display.aspx?curpage=229

I made the amp on the link above. Mine is about 20 x 10 inches. I had the chance to measure an original once, but I couldn't remember, so I went for 20 x 10. I don't think it's much off, but if your goal is to make a 100% replica, I wouldn't put money on my measures.

I have a friend who owns one, so if you don't find out, let me know, and I'll e-mail him.

Tommy
dehughes

Post by dehughes »

Tdale wrote:http://www.acplink.com/chassis/display.aspx?curpage=229

I made the amp on the link above. Mine is about 20 x 10 inches. I had the chance to measure an original once, but I couldn't remember, so I went for 20 x 10. I don't think it's much off, but if your goal is to make a 100% replica, I wouldn't put money on my measures.

I have a friend who owns one, so if you don't find out, let me know, and I'll e-mail him.

Tommy
Cool man. How did it turn out? I'm kinda stuck between this type of layout, or just your standard Marshall or Fender chassis, as my main concern is whether or not everything will fit well enough and not cause any unnecessary noise/hum/whatever. Is yours pretty quiet?

Also, if you do have a friend with a C30, I'd sure be grateful if you could get the measurements from him. I don't want to build a clone, but rather something inspired by the C30 and a Hiwatt (in regards to chassis and layout). The measurements would give me an idea as to which chassis would best facilitate my ideas. I know a Hiwatt chassis is generally about 19" x 9 3/4" x 2 3/4", so I'm curious about the C30.

Thanks!

david