5G9 Tweed Tremolux

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stevek66

5G9 Tweed Tremolux

Post by stevek66 »

I was wondering if anyone had any pic's of this amp.I'm starting my research for a build.I've got a layout and schematic from my GT tube amp book.Some good internal pic's would be cool.
Thanks Steve
Structo

Re: 5G9 Tweed Tremolux

Post by Structo »

Just curious as to why you chose the 5G9 circuit?

That is the narrow panel Tremolux tweed.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

It's just that most people favor the blackface AA763 or AB863 circuit.

This doesn't have any gut shots but good info.

5G9
http://www.ampwares.com/amp.asp?id=107

Blackface AA763
http://www.ampwares.com/amp.asp?id=109
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

I have a 5e9 '55 Tremolux. I'll see if I can take a few gut shots of it. It's basically a Deluxe with Tremolo.
By the way , I went to your blog. Great job on "Crossroads" . I'm originally from Greenville, Mississippi about 25 miles downriver from Rosedale. How's that for a coincedence.

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
stevek66

Post by stevek66 »

Hey Structo,
Thanks for the links.I picked the tweed because of several articles on them and sound clips,not many tho.An article in tonequest I was rereading recently got me motivated.I know Victoria and Chicago blues box each make one based on the 5E9/5G9.

Leemo,
Thanks for the comment about the myspace page,your to kind.That is an amazing coincedence.That would be way cool if you could take some gut shots.

Hey Merry X-mas and Happy new year...
Thaks Steve
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

try searching ebay auctions or google images if you can't find what you need i'll open one of mine and take some pics. I'm behind on honey doo's so if you can find what you need awesome if not i'll find the time.
Merry X-mas, it's good to be home!
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
billyz

Post by billyz »

The 5G9 has the longtailed pair Phase invertor and is Fixed Biased along with the choke make it much different than the Tweed Deluxe. Also, the larger cabinet gives it a bigger sound too.

Pretty cool amp, not as dirty as a 5e3 deluxe. I have one but it is buried right now. Cabinet is the same as the Tweed Pro but with a p12q ( if you are lucky, if not p12r).
LeeMo

gut shots

Post by LeeMo »

No need to take up bandwidth here. e-mail me leemo52 at h@tmail d.o.t. c.o.m.
I took 50mb of pics this morning.

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,