Best paper for DIY printed circuit boards?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Colossal

Re: Best paper for DIY printed circuit boards?

Post by Colossal »

Tonegeek wrote:I am contributing to my own derailed thread, oh well...
Yeah, sorry Whit, I didn't mean to perpetrate a derailment..
Tonegeek wrote:I have a bit different perspective. If it wasn't for MS, I probably would not have a job. I might not even be doing computer work, although Unix and Linux probably would have pulled me in. The thing about MS is that many organizations are using it and they need an army of people to fix it since the shit is always breaking!
I have a good friend who is an IT professional and he (and all the other IT guys I know) say the same thing. Most of these same guys run Unix at home. One too many soiled MS diapers to clean up at work I guess. Unix is pretty bad ass. MacOSX is just Unix with the Apple flavored front end. If Apple failed tomorrow, I'd definitely go over to Ubuntu.
Tonegeek wrote: More money to buy more amp stuff... :D
That's what matters :)
Tonegeek wrote:Plus, its one thing for a geek like me to switch OS's but try getting our wives to go along with it is another story... :roll:
Even with the computer, whats hers is hers and what's mine is hers...
Hahaha, too true!

Back to the thread...(sorry once again!)
solderstain

Post by solderstain »

It's me that needs to apologize for the off-track excursion... I mentioned the OS system thing first. :oops: (TOLDJA I was militant!!! :twisted:) The early part of my corporate IS career as all about big Cobol/mainframe systems. Only had to supply regulatory documentation on ONE set of (very big) hardware, and one set of programs. When things started migrating to server/MS-based apps, and worse... individual workstation-based apps, the documentation levels skyrocketed. And EVERY SINGLE TIME that MS issued even the smallest change/update/hole-plug, EVERY SINGLE computer needed to be re-documented. And they numbered in the hundreds. In the early-middle part of this decade, I had to hire people JUST to do the documentation, all because 'doze was/is Swiss cheese. I was NOT sorry to see that job end.

Okay - I promise: Last time I'll bring this up. :roll:
Tonegeek

Post by Tonegeek »

No apologies needed. Good news - Thanks to you guys, my paper problem is solved and all without destroying any expensive printers! The suggestion of magazine paper works well and the tip about cutting out and attaching the pattern so it rides on a normal sheet of paper helped a lot. I tried printing and iron transfers with PNP Blue and with some thin glossy magazine paper and got excellent results with both. THe only difference is the PNP letters look shiny after transferring to the CLAD and the 'zine paper print is dull, but they both have sharp edges so I think either would do fine. The PNP is faster because you don't have to soak it. I want to try the label backing paper sometime too as it sounds promising. I will etch these 2 boards tomorrow and will report back if there are any problems, but I don't anticipate there will be. :)
Pitcher Amplification
http://pitcheramps.com