65amps SoHo

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

CraigB

Re: 65amps SoHo

Post by CraigB »

Thanks, Structo, that is an Epi LP with SD '59s. The cabinet is one of those blue ampeg Jet reverb 1x12 combo amps that I gutted and rebuilt an 18w into, so whatever speakers SLM was using for their ampeg line a few years back, probably eminence.

The relay I used does intermittently pop when the boost is engaged. I haven't tried to resolve it with big resistors or caps or anything like that because it is too minimal to bother with. I've used it onstage and used the switch probably 50 times or more in a night, never heard the pop onstage. In a critical recording situation, it might be a problem.

DBM, you may have already tried something like this? I can try it on mine if you want and get back to you. (Mine is a head with a simple bottom plate, so it's really easy to access.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darkbluemurder

Re: 65amps SoHo

Post by Darkbluemurder »

That's exactly what I was thinking. I have to check if I still have 10M resistors at home. I got to get into this amp anyway for more tweaking.

Cheers Stephan