"THOMASS JEFFERSON"

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ToneMerc

Re: "THOMASS JEFFERSON"

Post by ToneMerc »

mlp-mx6 wrote:The one thing we will be hard-pressed to survive is if our currency collapses. If The Fed doesn't quit printing money we are in trouble in the relatively near term.
I don't see currency collasping, but we have been printing money like crazy the last 3-4 years. It hasn't been the same since Nixon took us off the gold standard in 72' . I'm suprised that there hasn't been some debate about returning to the gold standard.

[/quote]he other thing that is absolutely out of control (with both parties NOT helping) is our national debt. If any of us ran our family finances like the government runs there we'd be jailed. [/quote]

I agree, I see so much money wasted.
Life is deaf, knock loud!
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

ToneMerc wrote: ... To all the whiners that think this country is so now fucked up...
Oh, I'm way past whinin' :!: I'm into full fledged bitchin' :twisted: And for all those "policy makers" you have so much respect for–
How come they don't pay their taxes, take bribes, have their own health care plan and special retirement, get sweetheart mortgage
loans from the companies they bail out, and WASTE OUR TAX MONEY :?: :!: :?: :!: They spend money we haven't even given them yet :!: :!:
For the next ten years, they have obligated themselves to spend $125,000,000,000,000 (that's TRILLION) of OUR MONEY :roll:
It's not disrespect I have for them. It's disgust :!: :!:
Who's going to bail out the USA when she's bankrupt :?: :?: :?: Maybe others need to get their heads out of the sand and take a good look at what's going on :roll:
ToneMerc wrote: ... It hasn't been the same since Nixon took us off the gold standard in 72'...
Actually, it was 1971, and Nixon eliminated the fixed gold price of $35/oz.
In total there has only been $4.5 trillion worth of gold mined world wide.
The total currency circulated in the US alone is $8.3 trillion, so a full gold standard is impossible. No country currently uses a gold standard.
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
dayn

Post by dayn »

The one thing we will be hard-pressed to survive is if our currency collapses. If The Fed doesn't quit printing money we are in trouble in the relatively near term.
Maybe people will end up cloning money...