Bin Laden dead

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Drumslinger

Re: Bin Laden dead

Post by Drumslinger »

LOL.......that's awesome! Nice one Mark.
Jana

Post by Jana »

"His body should be paraded through the streets of New York, and his head placed firmly on a pike in front of the WTC"

Doing that would make us just as uncivilized as they are. Isn't that what they want to do--destroy our beliefs and ideals?
Structo

Post by Structo »

I have to say that I didn't really care for the party atmosphere in front of the white house.
It was a pretty young crowd of mostly college students I would guess.
So I can excuse a certain amount of nievety on their part.

To me it was a great deed that the Seals achieved, but I had more of a somber emotion going on rather than, "Lets Party!"
I was like, OK the head of the snake is gone, now lets go after the body.

I can however accept more of a celebration at Ground Zero in New York.
That is where Bin Laden killed the majority of his victims, so they had a right to celebrate his demise.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

If the White House, Congress and the Media would just stop talking about this, that would help.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I s'pose we can be thankful there's not much else going on in the world to occupy the news.

What? You mean there is a world out there?

How's the recovery going in Japan?

Did the anti-nuke crowd dominate the recent election cycle in Europe?

New Zealand?

Africa?

How're the new royals doing? Not that I really care but I do have to admit that I think Princess Kate is a babe.

All the best to everyone.
rdjones

Post by rdjones »

Structo wrote:I was like, OK the head of the snake is gone, now lets go after the body.
Absolutely !
It would be a shame to let Shukrijumah and al-Zawahiri (or whoever else is next in line) think that we are not coming after them next.

rd
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

M Fowler wrote:Bin Laden's last facebook post.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
JamesHealey

Post by JamesHealey »

Joy to the world bin laden's dead we blew off his head!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Obama killed Osama and now we get the 72 versions :lol:
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

On that note - there is a rumour that Jesus Christ would have been born in the UK but ... they couldn't find 3 wise men and a virgin.
Why Aye Man
Big Jim

Post by Big Jim »

Did you guys hear about the new cocktail named after Bin Laden? It's 2 shots and a splash of water. :lol:
Structo

Post by Structo »

M Fowler wrote:Obama killed Osama and now we get the 72 versions :lol:
BAWAHAWAHAWAWAHAWA!
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
bancika

Post by bancika »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting terrorism or anything, but this won't change a thing. US government had been using Bin Laden as an excuse for war the same way they used Saddam and now Gadaffi. After 10 years of war that made no progress other than killings on both sides, they had to do something like this to justify the whole thing, but the reality is that it doesn't change anything. He's just a symbol of something you're fighting against. If Al Quaida/Iraqis/Gadaffi killed the US president, would US stop fighting against them? I don't think so. What makes you think they will stop hating/fighting US after Bin Laden is dead?
This is just a matter of collecting political points, since Obama failed to deliver what US people expected from him on other fields.

I'm usually hesitant to involve in political discussions because it can only make one enemies. This is just a view from someone outside politics who's not on either side and doesn't have emotions mess up with perception and is not bombarded by media.

Cheers,
Bane
Check out my site with DIY gutars, amps and pedals http://diy-fever.com
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

Here's a new product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
Oldmanbluez

Post by Oldmanbluez »

What I like is he got it in grand old style New York City fashion, two in the head and a pair of cement shoes.

OOH Rah and Semper Fi to the SEALS.
Yes, I'm a gear head and if you are here, so are you.