Capacitor distributor in Canada?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mcrracer

Capacitor distributor in Canada?

Post by mcrracer »

I have been out of amp building for over two years. I used to buy caps in bulk from a company in Canada, They had practically every kind I ever needed, I cant find them in my bookmarks. Does anybody know of this company?
M Fowler

Re: Capacitor distributor in Canada?

Post by M Fowler »

mcrracer

Post by mcrracer »

Thanks M Fowler for the quick response. That's the place!!!! :D
Mat Cortex

Post by Mat Cortex »

look at part connexion too

http://www.partsconnexion.com

Mat
1965 Gibson Falcon GA19-RVT
mcrracer

Post by mcrracer »

Thanks for that one too...can't have too many sources!
David Root

Post by David Root »

I've used both. Just Radios is much cheaper for caps, I guess because they don't cater to the hi-end audio market like Parts Connexion does. OTOH PCX has more brand choices....

I have been buying 600V MIEC e-caps from JR recently, seem to work fine and give you a more adequate headroom on 450V+ over 500V caps. If you don't need 600V, their lower voltage e-caps are very competitive. I am in now way connected with JR other than as a retail customer.
SilverFox

Just Radios

Post by SilverFox »

I had a rather bad experience with Just Radios and the owner could not have cared less.

Basically I used a JustRadios payment systems called 2checkout.com. During the checkout process, against my better judgement I ended up entering my PIN into the pay process. I know, bad idea. I rapidly corrected the problem.

The actual problem arose when I was supposed to receive the discount for the order. Anyway, a couple days after the transaction I got a message from 2checkout.com that they were unable to process the discount. The error message was confusing. So off I went to contact the individual at 2checkout.com for the credit to my account. Surprise, that extension number was invalid. Having dealt with crooks in the past, in record time, I reduced the receptionist to a mass of troubled conscience state and she was able to connect me to the person I needed to talk to. Dave didn't really give a damn though and that's what got me to never buy from them again. That and the unknown amount of time the delivery would take. I did get the product. Just didn't like the service or the risk associated with the card processor. Since this was the first bad experience I've had with an Internet purchase I just Say No To JustRadios. Your experience may vary.

Silverfox.
mcrracer

Post by mcrracer »

That's too bad. I have had only good experiences and quick shipping. Just an aside...I have had terrible experiences with Paypal. Most people swear by em!!!