He shoots...he scores!!!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

KellyBass

He shoots...he scores!!!

Post by KellyBass »

I found and bought this little hi fi reverb unit on ebay for $18.00. I've been thinking a lot lately about a little tube driven add on reverb gizmo...and I expected that I might be able to learn something from it. What I didn't expect was the two Amperex bugle boy 12ax7's that came with it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This message has been printed using 100% recycled electrons.
Reeltarded

Re: He shoots...he scores!!!

Post by Reeltarded »

I'll give ya $17 for the tubes. :)

Nice!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Meat&Beer

Post by Meat&Beer »

And I'll pay $17.50! :twisted:

Sweet deal indeed, bigtime score if you ask me!
rp

Post by rp »

Nice! Bet they're like new too. HiFi reverb? How fast are you going to get sick of that!
KellyBass

Post by KellyBass »

:lol:

Do I hear $18.00? I gotta at least break even!

Actually, what I was hoping for was someone to hook me up with a nice schem/layout of one of those cool little 3 knob reverb units! The one's that I see built inside of a fender filter cap box... :wink:
Structo

Post by Structo »

So no spring unit?
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
rp

Post by rp »

Structo wrote:So no spring unit?

I was wondering that too, looks to have plugged into the top RCAs, did it come w/ it, wonder how big it was and where you were supposed to stick it? Plus what powers it? Were you supposed to hack into your hifi's B+ or was it proprietary for a preamp unit that had a power out jack waiting for the wonderful world of reverb? And how did stereo work, one tank connection but the ins/outs are 2 channel.

You don't have to really answer, all questions best left for DIYA forum, but if you have the spring unit you should at least try it though an effects loop - after you figure out how to power it.
KellyBass

Post by KellyBass »

All great questions...i'm gonna crack that box open tomorrow and explore and see what's up. I do know that the HT is pulled via a cable with one of those gadgets that goes between a tube and it's socket. Crap, I can't remember what those are called. To be honest, i've been so giddy about the bugle boy's, I sorta forgot about the verb!