RIP Neil Peart

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

gktamps

RIP Neil Peart

Post by gktamps »

Not a guitar player, but 1/3 of one of the best guitar-centric bands in the past 40 years, the lyricist, and one of the most incredible drummers ever.
I'm bummed. He was only 67.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/n ... -1.5422806
xtian

Re: RIP Neil Peart

Post by xtian »

I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

This is terrible news. /2ush is my favorite band ever. I remember hearing Moving Pictures on vinyl in '81, when it came out. Changed my life forever. I was fortunate to see /2ush seventeen times over the years. Very, very sad news about Peart :cry: The brightest flames burn only for a brief time.
hermannbjorgvin

Post by hermannbjorgvin »

I can remember blasting 2112 on my 95' Volvo 850 with "premium sound system", whatever that means. First time listening to this epic I was blown away by every single band member and the awesome dynamic between them.

RIP Neil Peart
statorvane

Post by statorvane »

So sorry to hear about Neil. Very talented drummer. I got into Rush around Caress of Steel and worked back to their first album, then forward to 2112, All the World's a Stage, etc. All vinyl. Saw them on tour with BOC in '76 in Atlanta. What a show.

My "premium" sound system was a Pioneer Supertuner AM/FM Cassette stereo with Jensen 6x9 coaxial speakers in a '70 LeMans.
deeder

Post by deeder »

Neil's drum kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2203/2204-ish/Deluxe Reverb
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Peart’s loss runs deep. Who will stadium crowds air-drum to now? Drummer, lyricist, philopher... He was an inspiration to many in so many ways. I first heard Rush after checking out Power Windows on cassette from the local library. I was a heavy repeat customer, and the rest is history. Exit the warrior, indeed. Passed now into Olympus...
Just plug it in, man.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Yeah, it's a huge loss. I will always treasure my memories of Rush and seeing them live and my at-times, fanatical obsession with them growing up. I used to know probably twenty Rush tunes cold, back in the day. I was really lucky over the years to see them play at lots of different arenas and venues. I remember hot summer nights in Texas and Ohio, seeing them tear through epics like Natural Science, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato, 2112, The Trees, and Cygnus X1 in their entirety.

Summer's going fast
Nights growing colder
Children growing up
Old friends growing older

Freeze this moment
A little bit longer
Make each sensation
A little bit stronger
Experience slips away...
Experience slips away...
The innocence slips away

RIP :(