Selloutrr is being deleted

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Re: Selloutrr is being deleted

Post by M Fowler »

I thought I was the only one that got childish and left TAG. :lol:

Everythings cool Selloutrr.

Mark
katopan

Post by katopan »

+ another. I'm relatively new, but didn't spill over from TGP and do appreciate the guys here that know their stuff.
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

selloutrr wrote:The Moderator wants me gone.

Really?.. A PM with a threat to delete me?

Do you have a quick button to delete every post I've ever made? If so please use it! After I find and save the pictures of my daughter playing guitar I will delete my own account.

This used to be an amazing group of dedicated knowledgable builders sharing ideas and searching for knowledge. Most have moved on or lost interest. It seems all that is left are a few guys that make profit from builders and lurking commercial builders trying to derail the truth in interests of profit. The rest are spill over from the gear page.

Everything good has an expiration date. Today is mine.

To all my friends and fellow builders. I have appreciated the time I've spent with you on this forum. It's been both educational and rewarding. I wish you all the best in your future builds and happiness.
Could you leave the dog? I've really gotten attached to that guy. I just quit hanging for awhile as you all know. Now I'm in and out like a three peckerd billy goat. Go nuke a fried cherry pie with a slice of cream cheese on it. It'll cure anything.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

M Fowler wrote:I thought I was the only one that got childish and left TAG. :lol:

Everythings cool Selloutrr.

Mark
Go back far enough and you'll find my meltdown.

What is typed is different from what is said. Typed statements can be taken wrong without the benefit of the way words are spoken, or the way you might look someone in the eye.

Even worse is that typed words can escalate much faster than spoken words, aided by the anonymity of the Net.

We're all friends here because we choose to be friends. We respect each other because we see the great lengths gone to help others. And we can even see the value and contribution in a newcomer producing a 23 page thread that starts with something like "There's something wrong with my amp" and ending with "Thank you all so much, my amp is fixed and I learned something along the way."

Occasionally (more often than in real life), our typing gets misconstrued. And then this is the point where I completely lose my train of thought because I am craving a cigarette.

Wait, which cigarette, I mean thread, am I posting in...
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
ampmike

Nice

Post by ampmike »

Well said!!!Words of wisdom!!!
:wink:
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
passfan

Post by passfan »

I hate to see anyone with the knowledge and time here leave. That said , I understand what he is saying. Selloutrr is one of the original Trainwreck purists and at times he's caught hell for it. The most recent episode I actually caused by asking about a steep price for original <hard to find, trainwreck parts. For him , the forum has degenerated into a bunch of clone builders worried about the parts cost of an amp that no one wants to "overpay" for and for his interests he's right. I only hope that he slides back every once in a while and joins back in. He is surely a plank owner here, and a good one at that.
"It Happens"
Forrest Gump
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

OK I understand everyone's feelings here. I don't like seeing people leave either. That said I have recieved a number of complaints about him over the last year or so. He frequently posts incorrect information as evidenced by the recent Hogy visit to set the record straight. He has also done this with Allyn and other people as well, who have complained.

I have not deleted his account but simply set it as inactive. This is sort of in compliance with his request to be deleted.

As I said I don't like to see people leave but he has been very disruptive and IMO VERY pompous. He routinely posted incorrect info that other people have felt the need to come here and correct. Then at the end he felt the need to post, in a for sale thread, something that was never even hinted at and then is very flippant about the whole thing like he did nothing wrong. The term "OEM" was NEVER mentioned by the OP in that thread.

A simple apology from him in that thread and there would have been no further discussion of it.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

We're beyond cloning and we are doing our own thing just as Ken F. would have wanted us to do. I don't care one bit about original TW components it's time to get passed that.

Mark
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

passfan wrote:I hate to see anyone with the knowledge and time here leave. That said , I understand what he is saying. Selloutrr is one of the original Trainwreck purists...
Funny, I don't recall it that way at all. There was a lot of activity here before he came along. His schtick was to score only "authentic" parts and he made a huge thing of it - the parts mattered more than anything else about the build.

YAGE.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

I wasn't aware of selloutrr's 'wreck adventures & misadventures.

I found his value to be someone who AFAIK runs an equipment rental (music gear) in southern California and has his finger on the pulse of people who rent/buy gear in his area and what they want. That's useful knowledge. Maybe I'm wrong but anyway I had no argument with him. I'd be glad to see him back.

'Til then (if ever) we have the dog bowl view of the schnauzer schnozz. That alone is worth the price of admission.
down technical blind alleys . . .
passfan

Post by passfan »

Zippy wrote:
passfan wrote:I hate to see anyone with the knowledge and time here leave. That said , I understand what he is saying. Selloutrr is one of the original Trainwreck purists...
Funny, I don't recall it that way at all. There was a lot of activity here before he came along. His schtick was to score only "authentic" parts and he made a huge thing of it - the parts mattered more than anything else about the build.

YAGE.
So wouldn't that make him a purist about his builds? I myself use cheaper substitutes worrying mostly about cost versus profit. He pushed the original parts thing , which makes him more concerned with building an exact replica above all else. That's what I meant.
"It Happens"
Forrest Gump
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

passfan wrote:
Zippy wrote:

YAGE.
So wouldn't that make him a purist about his builds? I myself use cheaper substitutes worrying mostly about cost versus profit. He pushed the original parts thing , which makes him more concerned with building an exact replica above all else. That's what I meant.
Your interpretation is up to you. I saw him as a parts collector. He didn't seem to care what actually mattered . It was pretty well known that Ken used what was available. To have someone build an altar of parts seemed ludicrous to me. There are many paths to great sound. A homage to parts was not an homage to Ken.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Zippy wrote:There are many paths to great sound.
Zippy, I would like to paraphrase you and post this above the door of my atelier:

There are many paths to great tone.

Awesome sauce.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

I don't know. With 3700 posts, he clearly contributed along the way, but he said it himself (reviewing his posts); he was getting sick of some of the new members, bored with playing and building, just wanted original parts to maintain his Wrecks, lost interest in the forum, etc.

I think by the time someone feels this way, it's pretty likely they are going to be blunt, opinionated, and more easily ticked off.

Problem with that, is there are so many truly expert, knowledgeable folks here who contribute constantly and generously, and keep cool even when a newbie asks a dumb question, and that's how it should be on an open forum, IMO. Otherwise, it would be a Professional Organization, and anyone who didn't have a license, certificate, etc. could be excluded.

I chalk it up to growing pains - transitioning from one core group to a wider group. I've seen it before.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

There are so many possible views regarding any member...all extremes are possible.

It is a choice to participate here. He will or he won't. Personally, I am not a fan of begging anyone to stay or go. Pontificating doesn't really serve much purpose, but maybe there doesn't need to be one.