Conclusive proof

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

10thTx

Re: Conclusive proof

Post by 10thTx »

You gotta have something going right to follow in the footsteps of Brent Mason. :wink:

With respect, 10thtx
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

10thTx wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:29 pm You gotta have something going right to follow in the footsteps of Brent Mason. :wink:

With respect, 10thtx
absolutely , but I'm not sure what. I'm NOT a fan of Daniels playing but he's got the Don Kelly gig and Robben likes him so hey , there you go , just shows you. I'm yet to be moved by him. I think He took over from JD SImo who is completely the opposite IMHO.

Good luck to him, it's hard to make a name for yourself and if he's getting gigs and keeping them then fair play.

M
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

How about that? I didn't know who Don Kelly was so I YouTubed him up.

My wife and I saw him in Nashville on Musicians row some years ago. He put on a great show!! IIRC, the bass player he had was previouisly with Johnny Cash for a few yrs.

With respect, Jeff
arturradukevic453

Post by arturradukevic453 »

drew wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:05 pm You can get to play Robben Ford’s Les Paul through Robben Ford’s Dumble, and still sound like a kid in a guitar store making musically uninteresting guitar noises.

This is great. I love to see great players working in the studio. Robben’s recent instagram posts from working on ‘Pure’ are another great example. We are so lucky to be living in an age when the internet has made all of this available to the world. And thank you to Robben and Daniel for letting us in.
Koop_m

Post by Koop_m »

norburybrook wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:42 am :) to be fair to Daniel he is a country player and I think this shows the big difference in a what it takes to play over a track like Angel from Montgomery well and it's 100% feel over technique.

here's Daniel doing his thing for those who don't know of him. He also has the Don Kelly gig which every guitar player in Nashville want's... his predecessors are Brent Mason, Johnny Hilland , JD Simo ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fFphXs ... nielDonato

M
These kids are awesome. Thanks for sharing that.
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

I agree with Marcus. I worked a trade show every fall in Nashville for a bunch of years during JD Simo's residency with the Don Kelly Band. I would pretty much go listen to the band every night after shutting down my both to listen to JD. He's really a psychedelic blues rocker at heart and brought that sensibility to Don's band. Daniel is good at what he does but I can only take about a bar of "modern country guitar" before I want to turn the channel. Don Kelly is to country guitar players as John Mayall is to blues guitar players. Many of the best cycled through their bands. JD Simo's trio is some good listening if you like improvisational power trio stuff.
arturradukevic453

Post by arturradukevic453 »

Koop_m wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:03 am
norburybrook wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:42 am :) to be fair to Daniel he is a country player and I think this shows the big difference in a what it takes to play over a track like Angel from Montgomery well and it's 100% feel over technique.

here's Daniel doing his thing for those who don't know of him. He also has the Don Kelly gig which every guitar player in Nashville want's... his predecessors are Brent Mason, Johnny Hilland , JD Simo ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fFphXs ... nielDonato https://www.worktime.com

M
These kids are awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

he played Angel beautifully and overall he is so cool