Just got banned from the Dr. Z forum...

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Tonegeek

Re: Just got banned from the Dr. Z forum...

Post by Tonegeek »

Judging by this and other posts from Dr Z, he seems like a good fellow and not at all opposed to helping TAG members:

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11494

Claims that this or that amp sounds better than a Z are just opinions, and not very useful. Regardless, here's mine: Never owned a Z but have played a few. They all held their own with amps costing a lot more. (Doesn't mean shit does it?)

I know people who have had business dealings with him and never had a problem. In one case he went above the call of duty. The much gigged, tired old amp went in for a few repairs and came back refurbed - like new. I saw and heard the before and after.

Maybe he started out cloning. Who hasn't. Gotta learn somehow. Obviously he has moved on to his own designs, as much as any guitar amp design can claim to be your own. On the other hand, I don't think anyone deserves to be kicked off a forum for asking questions, but then it depends on your motivation. If you are trying to aggravate someone, you can do it with questions as well as with statements.
Pitcher Amplification
http://pitcheramps.com
Brad737

Re: Just got banned from the Dr. Z forum...

Post by Brad737 »

I was honestly poking fun at the whole situation by bringing this up here. I actually have a life outside of computer forums, so I really don't take it that seriously. But I'm telling the 100% truth about the whole Z-Wreck deal. I really wasn't just trying to aggravate anyone. But Zaite was absolutely lying through his teeth and I called him on it. That's why I got booted. The fact that he's producing the Z-Wreck now proves he's lying. Oh well, I understand times are tough. Gotta make payroll somehow. :D

BTW, you'll notice he just joined this forum under his name a few weeks ago. Our exchange when he railed on the scumbags here was months ago. He's been a lurker here for a lot longer.

Tonegeek wrote:On the other hand, I don't think anyone deserves to be kicked off a forum for asking questions, but then it depends on your motivation. If you are trying to aggravate someone, you can do it with questions as well as with statements.
I’d like to start a religion. That’s where the money is.
-- L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949