Behringer is trash

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Andy Le Blanc

Re: Behringer is trash

Post by Andy Le Blanc »

Glad to hear from ya...... where you been?
lazymaryamps
billyoung

Post by billyoung »

All of these issues have been predicted by sensible educated industrialists.
The steel industry in particular was hard hit in 70's by imports but it was a pretty complex issues that was termed "Dumping" but that was not the whole deal, yes there was quote dumping in the steel industry especially by Japan.
Dumping meant selling below cost of production.

Here was a big fly in the ointment. Japans government did kinda pay unemployment if the factories slowed on orders , BUT THEY MADE THEM WORK FOR IT! So they overproduced the crap out steel. When their storage was near full they had to have fire sales.

It was unheard of to pay money not to work so........You can see what happened around Pittsburgh. Men begged for US government intervention,
which no action was taken.

there are laws saying the government must protect industry vital to national defense but I never heard of it bein implemented once. I was in factory liquidation segment of economy well over 20 years, as was my dad.
ate
Everyone was aware, it was allowed. China and taiwain don not need "most favored nation status" meaning there is no taxes tariffs or duties.

That was lobbied for kinda like nafta. I truly believe overnmwe have the best government money can buy !!!

I think jpo has a good point too the usa needs to innovate and produce first class goods in order to proper function in the world.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Dude, that thread is like 5 years old.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Structo wrote:Dude, that thread is like 5 years old.
That ^^^ and can't we be a bit more pee cee? "Behringer is eminently recyclable." ;)

But it is true we do have the best politicians money can buy. Now they accept renminbi.:shock:
down technical blind alleys . . .
roberto

Post by roberto »

Twins... What a nice thing they are!
Structo

Post by Structo »

Sorry, I was a bit pee cee. :D
Last edited by Structo on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

It's interesting to see where Behringer changed in the last 5 years. They bought out Midas, Clark Teknique and also Turbosound. These are some of the biggest names in the industry. Now all these companies are under one umbrella called The Music Group. Behringer built a 20 million dollar plant in China and unlike before they have complete management over the plant and it's products instead of them contracting out manufacturing. They are sharing synergies and their first product that includes pieces of each company was a huge success. The X32 digital console came out 3 years ago and is now being gladly accepted on most riders and it blew away it's competition with features boasted only on consoles that were selling at 3 or 4 times the price of the X32. It included Midas designed preamps and workflow, Clark Teknique digital snake technology and is already set up to interface with the new digital Turbosound speakers.

One of Behringers problems was contracting different manufacturers in China to build their stuff. They had no control of the contractors quality control and suffice to say a lot of products were not very well built and had a large failure rate. The new factory run by Behringer now has a lot better QC.

Personally, I have used some of Behringer's rack gear for years with no problems, I bought an x32 when it first came out 3 years ago and also own their digital snake. I have 4 of their new class D Inuke amps in my main PA rack and use their P1 IEM amp. These have been in use almost every weekend for the last 3 years and I haven't had the first problem with any of their products. I don't work for Behringer but I think that some of the old problems that they had in terms of QC, customer support and image don't exist at the level they did in the past. They have really tried hard and invested millions to make their products better while other manufacturers have given up and moved their own production to China to try and compete.

It's funny that I don't hear people talking about all the other stuff made in China like, JBL, Celestion, Fender, Marshall, etc, etc. Oh and let's not forget Peavey too. it has cheapened their product and their image in my personal opinion. We need to bring manufacturing back to the good ole USA!

Things have really changed over the last 5 years, some for the better some for the worst.
Last edited by UR12 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Heck of a report Dana. I hope you mean "accepted on many riders" not "excepted" - the words have opposite meanings.

In most buyer/users minds brands acquired by B means "gone to hell." I refuse to work on their gear: no parts available, no correct schematics, no company support. Disposable prices. I can spend all day trying to panel-beat some $299 Behringer mixer into working, and fail. No way to make a living.

Somehow I doubt the buyers of new Midas digital consoles will consider their purchases disposable. Maybe brand B will focus company support on their more costly products, for instance make whole SMD-loaded circuit boards available at reasonable prices and fast delivery. I expect consumer items will continue to receive none. Naturally, it's not worth their time & attention.

Manufacturing will return to USA as soon as US workers demonstrate their willingness to receive under $1 an hour wages.
down technical blind alleys . . .
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Leo_Gnardo wrote:Heck of a report Dana. I hope you mean "accepted on many riders" not "excepted" - the words have opposite meanings.

In most buyer/users minds brands acquired by B means "gone to hell." I refuse to work on their gear: no parts available, no correct schematics, no company support. Disposable prices. I can spend all day trying to panel-beat some $299 Behringer mixer into working, and fail. No way to make a living.

Somehow I doubt the buyers of new Midas digital consoles will consider their purchases disposable. Maybe brand B will focus company support on their more costly products, for instance make whole SMD-loaded circuit boards available at reasonable prices and fast delivery. I expect consumer items will continue to receive none. Naturally, it's not worth their time & attention.

Manufacturing will return to USA as soon as US workers demonstrate their willingness to receive under $1 an hour wages.
Thanks for the typo. I changed it. Yea, I know it's hard to work on some of this new Surface mount stuff but it's not just Behringer that is impossible to work on and I for one would not be trying to fix a $300 mixer. Just not worth the effort. I can remember when TV sets were moving from Tube to solid state in the 70s and there were the same comments. Can't just replace a tube anymore, have to change a circuit board, impossible to work on those TVs. They weren't being made so you could do board level repairs you had to change the module. Now you just throw away the TV and get a new one. We just live in a throw away economy today. How many TV service shops do you see these days?

I also remember working in 1969 for $1 an hour which was the minimum wage back then. Wasn't so bad as gas was 25 cents a gallon. Unfortunately my band is still working for the same money we made back in the seventies.
I guess, I'll happily keep using my Behringer stuff and just throw it away and by new when the 3 year warranty runs out.
xtian

Post by xtian »

+1 on the Behringer story. My band bought an X32 Rack and iNuke 4-channel amp in December, and it's been awesome. We reduced from two equipment racks weighing about 150 pounds total, to one rack at 40 pounds, and now have WAY more features and more power on tap. Three year warranty, too!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
ER

Post by ER »

I really like my behringer mixer (UFX1204). It stays at my rehearsal space, I can mic up my whole band, use it as the PA, record with the touch of a button, and go home with a 1TB portable hard drive with 16 tracks of 24 bit 44.1khz that bounce right into my DAW. When it's home, I can go right into the DAW.
roberto

Post by roberto »

I have good feedback too.
The EP2500 is a tank.

Mixers are not bad at all.
I've also a pair of mikes that is good too.