My wife is the frickin best!!!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bruciep07

My wife is the frickin best!!!

Post by Bruciep07 »

I've had a few guitars over the years, the main being an early 70's (70-72, not 100% sure from the serial #) Les Paul deluxe that I've had for over 14 years now... But I've always had a thing for Carvin guitrs, not really sure exactly what it was, but I've played 6 of them in my life and loved each one of them. For my 30th b-day, the wife got me exactly the guitar I wanted, it was pricey and I know a lot of guys think that money is better spent on something vintage but I'm really excited to get it! It's the CT6M, kind of looks like the PRS Mccarty, mahogany body/neck, quilted maple top w/ deep honeyburst finish, rosewod fretboard, stainless med-jumbos, abalone inlays, etc... I'm really excited and just wanted to share with you guys how awesome the mrs is!
Structo

Re: My wife is the frickin best!!!

Post by Structo »

Very cool!

Carvin never gets the recognition it deserves.
From their amps to guitars, all made in the good Ol' USA.

Congrats on the new guitar and more appropriately, congrats on the wife.
She sounds like a real keeper.

Not everyday you turn 30. Relish your younger years, before you know it you will be 53 like yours truly. :wink:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

That is a great guitar congrats on getting one.

I agree with Tom. I first started using Carvin back in 1975 when I lived near the Carvin Store in California and the local guitar shops and pawn shops had plenty of used gear for me to pickup. Always liked their guitars.

Mark
Bruciep07

Post by Bruciep07 »

Thanks guys! I agree, don't really understand why carvin doesn't get more recognition, gotta figure though, if carvin ever changed they're system and stopped selling to the public and started going through national chains, they'd probably be quite a bit more expensive... Still waiting to hear exactly how long it's gonna take to get to me but it looks like 5-7 weeks right now, the waiting begins...
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

The owner recently passed away and the family remains running the operations of the business.
Bruciep07

Post by Bruciep07 »

Yea, carvin is very much a family business, I think at least 3 of his kids are involved with running the company plus a bunch of grandkids. Hopefully that means things won't change much without him. He had a good run though, 94 years old and was able to do something he loved for pretty much all of it, was very successful, and kept his family close... What more could you ask for!
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Structo wrote: ... Not everyday you turn 30...
Let's see... I think I was thirty, once, a lo-o-o-ong time ago. I can't really remember, though. Maybe I missed that year :?
At any rate, there's nothing like having the guitar you always wanted given to you by your wife :!: And you didn't even think she knew what a Carvin was :wink:
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
boldaslove6789

Post by boldaslove6789 »

drhulsey wrote:
Structo wrote: And you didn't even think she knew what a Carvin was :wink:
Its funny when I buy gear with my Girlfriend with me, she usually knows more than the guy selling the gear does. I think i've schooled her on what gear I like,what is good/bad,boutique gear etc. Its really funny when we go into a guitar center, the workers usually try to shove a sale down your throat you know?she knows better to get swindled by them. They usually have more questions to ask then she does LOL :D