Healthcare

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

benoit

Healthcare

Post by benoit »

Barack Obama is ruining everything!
"I never practice my guitar. From time to time I just open the case and throw in a piece of raw meat." --Wes Montgomery
benoit

Re: Healthcare

Post by benoit »

Nuh uh, health care is the best!
"I never practice my guitar. From time to time I just open the case and throw in a piece of raw meat." --Wes Montgomery
benoit

Post by benoit »

OH YEAH?
benoit

Post by benoit »

benoit wrote:OH YEAH?
Yeah!
benoit

Post by benoit »

There, got that out of the way so we can all focus on the amps.
Deric

Post by Deric »

Thanks for clearing things up!!!! :D 8)
Deric®
Structo

Post by Structo »

Yes, ignore the peoples wishes.

They will second guess that decision in November.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Ben could we get a recap on your thoughts :P
tele caster

Post by tele caster »

Why is it that Americans don't mind spending trillions on the military yet oppose spending on the health care of it's citizens. Something wrong with that logic as I see it. Spending on bombs to kill millions of people=Good. Spending on the health care of the nation=bad. I don't get it, just saying. :roll:
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

I can't understand it either. With the economy being so bad, I would think that lower cost healthcare would be popular, but then again, we are sold ill bills of goods from our politicians all the time, so who do you trust? The hawks or the doves? I don't really trust any of them, but certainly wouldn't mind cheap or free healthcare. One of the barriers for companies to build factories or businesses in the US is the cost of healthcare.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
jaysg

Post by jaysg »

I think it's a complicated issue. While most healthcare systems' outcome can be measured on a bell curve, the US system is a two peak curve with superlative care for some and a crap shoot for others...yielding poor international standing when averaged. Probably not worth arguing on a great amp board...

hey darin...poor people want free health care...wait, GM wants free health care...wait, what do I want?!?!
Last edited by jaysg on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Because this bill was a hurry up and pass it to look like we actually are doing something about health care in America.

The next thing we will have to create is an agency to handle this insurance or private sector processing (huge costs involved).

The ones that have health Insurance will see severe increase in their policies that I can assure you off.

The poor don't pay, the rich don't pay the working class or what people call middle class (that's a laugh) will be paying out their asses on this one.

First think, Americans don't want to spend trillions on bombs and wars the government does. What the people of American wants has never been important to politicians.

Mark
Cygnus X1

Post by Cygnus X1 »

I actually watched much of this on CSPAN yesterday.

I believe in getting my news from the horses mouth, rather than much of the media, which is the horses
other end...

My head hurts.

Fiddling with amps is my salvation.

:)
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

tele caster wrote:Spending on bombs to kill millions of people=Good.
Who is doing that?!? I know of no entity that is killing millions.

Oh, wait, there are some African leaders who are giving it a shot.

OK, I know of no American entity that is killing millions.
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
tele caster

Post by tele caster »

I don't know enough about the bill to comment, but I'm sure many compromises have been made in order to pass it, which only weakens the bill.

As for insurance premiums increasing, I don't agree with that. If anything they should decrease as the state would pay most of it . Insurance companies would only pay for extras that the state dosen't cover.

Last I heard America was still a democracy. The government represents the will of the people and acts on your behalf. America is in this mess because the people have allowed it. "By the people for the people" is still relevant in your constitution, don't ever forget that.

As for the wars, Iraq and Afganistan are endless expenses and Iran is next. Health care could easily payed for if it wasn't for this nonsense done on your behalf. Think about that next time you pay your taxes.

By the way, I love America as much as anyone, it's a great country with great people, but somehow you've went off course. Time to turn the ship around. Sorry for the rant, peace.