Who are we? Let's get to know each other!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Roe

Re: Who are we? Let's get to know each other!

Post by Roe »

Welcome to the forum!
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Karl wrote: ...I am studying electrical engineering...
Iceland has the world's experts on geothermal engineering. I thought you guys were learning to run light bulbs on steam now. :lol:
Welcome :D
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
Karl

Post by Karl »

drhulsey wrote:
Karl wrote: ...I am studying electrical engineering...
Iceland has the world's experts on geothermal engineering. I thought you guys were learning to run light bulbs on steam now. :lol:
Welcome :D
I am running my amp on electricity generated by geothermal energy. We have generated power with geothermal energy since 1947. Electricity is extremely cheap here in Iceland a kW hour only costs about 0.09$. Cold clean drinking water is free but on the other hand a gallon of fuel costs 9$ there is a huge tax on fuel set by our government that almost doubles the price of fuel. But hydrogen/electric cars are being developed so hopefully in a few years I can run my car on water and electricity.
Karl Fridrik
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Karl wrote: ... But hydrogen/electric cars are being developed so hopefully in a few years I can run my car on water and electricity.
Maybe Iceland can lead the way for the rest of us :!: :D
Tim

skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Karl wrote:I am running my amp on electricity generated by geothermal energy. We have generated power with geothermal energy since 1947. Electricity is extremely cheap here in Iceland a kW hour only costs about 0.09$.
When I lived in Cowlitz County Washington, (25 miles north of Portland Oregon, the local paper and pulp mills and the Alcoa plant all shared power with the local public owned utility. We paid $.025 per KW/hour. Yes that's correct two and a half cents. We heated and cooled with a heat pump in a good sense house design and our monthly electric bill averaged over the year was about $45.

In Fairbanks Alaska we paid about $.18 per KW/hour and heated with oil but the interesting thing was that the old houses in the downtown area close to the power plant were given hookups to a waste heat distribution system from the power plant and got free heat!! That's really cheap.

Dan
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
gag halfrunt

Post by gag halfrunt »

skyboltone wrote:
Karl wrote:I am running my amp on electricity generated by geothermal energy. We have generated power with geothermal energy since 1947. Electricity is extremely cheap here in Iceland a kW hour only costs about 0.09$.
When I lived in Cowlitz County Washington, (25 miles north of Portland Oregon, the local paper and pulp mills and the Alcoa plant all shared power with the local public owned utility. We paid $.025 per KW/hour. Yes that's correct two and a half cents. We heated and cooled with a heat pump in a good sense house design and our monthly electric bill averaged over the year was about $45.

In Fairbanks Alaska we paid about $.18 per KW/hour and heated with oil but the interesting thing was that the old houses in the downtown area close to the power plant were given hookups to a waste heat distribution system from the power plant and got free heat!! That's really cheap.

Dan
Hey Dan,

Heating oil is sky high in Fairbanks now, and even higher in the more rural areas. Keeping warm never cost so much :(
Structo

Post by Structo »

I know that Honda and BMW have hydrogen fuel cell cars in the works.
I remember seeing a prototype of the Honda car and hydrogen generator.
( Not sure if these are the correct terms )
The generator was the size of a big household freezer and the description said that it could generate enough electricity to power an average sized home!
Yeah, like the petrol and electric utility companies are going to let that happen.
Here in the Pacific Northwest we use hydro power that used to be very cheap but through bureaucratic fingers it has steadily risen.
I can't remember off the top of my head what we are paying per kilowatt because it is pro rated like the first 500 KW is .09/ kw then a certain amount after that is so much.
Still I pay an average pay bill of $127/ month on my all electric house.
This is with an efficient heat pump that also provides AC in the summer.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Here in Iceland we currently have few hydroelectric city buses running only on water and electricity. They are I think made by Mercedes and are doing their job very well.
Karl Fridrik
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Anyone follow the Stan Meyer incident?

http://waterpoweredcar.com/stanmeyer.html

Seems to me that big oil DOES have hitmen.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

dartanion wrote:Anyone follow the Stan Meyer incident?

http://waterpoweredcar.com/stanmeyer.html

Seems to me that big oil DOES have hitmen.
10 years ago, a local engineer who works for Quebec Hydro invented an electric weel that did not need brakes. So he built a silent car with no engine that could go 0-100km in less than 4 sec.

Like any start-up he needed money and went bancrupt:roll:
I'll say that much...i would'nt want to get poppped:oops:

CNN Breaking News-
Man found dead at the bottom of St-Lawrence river with an Express attached to his neck...suicide note pinned to his cowboy shirt...he apparently stabbed himself in the back repeatedly 68 times before hitting the cold water...:roll:

The oilmen are only buying time but...

Clean is growing everyday but...
RB

Post by RB »

Warning

The StanMeyer site is loaded with Trojan Horses I iwent their to check out this incredible information and my Virus checker just started cascading one alert after the other. Does anyone know of another site with this info?

Now I have to try and clean these beasts out of my computer

randy
Structo

Post by Structo »

Thanks for the heads up Randy, I'll steer clear of that site.
But I did Google it and came up with a lot of hits.
I guess there are a lot of conspricy theories about his death but certainly people have been killed for much less than threatening the security of the oil companies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIgOn1kRw5s
Tom

Structo

Post by Structo »

Yeah, I just got hit with some virus warnings off of another site about water powered cars......
Seems as if "somebody" doesn't want you to visit these sites.....
Hmmmm, I am not a conspiracy nut buy one has to wonder about certain things in life....
Tom

drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Structo wrote: ... I am not a conspiracy nut but one has to wonder about certain things in life....
Remember, Tom. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean somebody isn't out to GETCHA :!: :twisted:
Tim

Tubetwang

Post by Tubetwang »

RB wrote:Warning

The StanMeyer site is loaded with Trojan Horses I iwent their to check out this incredible information and my Virus checker just started cascading one alert after the other. Does anyone know of another site with this info?

Now I have to try and clean these beasts out of my computer

randy
Well...my computer is behaving wrongly since visiting that site...

Will have to buy a Virus Clean-up software...and spend the week-end trying to figure out how to clean up my computer...this new technology is a little behond me...

Will present Petro-Canada with a bill for the inconvenience and the suffering but...
A 200$ credit is in order...minimum :roll: