TAG member needs a little help

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mcrracer

TAG member needs a little help

Post by mcrracer »

Hi amp garage members. This is Phil, Marlon's (mcrracer) son. My dad has not been on the forums recently because his eyesight has gone bad again. This has happen a couple of times before and his eye doctor says it should clear up again he just doesn't know when he said it could be a week or it could be a month or more it has already been over three weeks. My dad asked me to write this to let you all know why he hasn't been here. He is getting ready to sell off all of his amp parts new and used everything except his tools. I will be listing them over the next few days for him in box lots. I will list the best I can what is in each lot but i do not know electronics at all. Now a few words from my dad. hey guys I miss you all and I miss the amp discussion on the forums. I am not writing this post for sympathy but to get a little help by selling all of my stuff. i am in great spirit and have a good attitude but it gets a little tough sometimes. I have had to rearrange my life drastically and I do have to buy a number vision impaired equipment just to function somewhat normally and being on a fixed income its tough. I think I am going to list these items as best offer because obviously I cant see what I paid for them I just ask that you guys be fair. be gentle to my son because he does not know electronics at all and he is doing the best he can helping me. Please don't ask for onesy or twosy out of the box lots please take the whole box or cabinet or bag. I have lots of brand new resistors, capacitors,diodes, hardware, chassis,iron, pots,knobs,switches etc. everything needed for an amp building business. I think i am going to keep my amp notebooks just in case. I also have my backup hard drive with about 50 gigs of amp building info. Schematics, layouts, notes of various amp builds bookmarks on tech data quite a few parts sources. basically an amp building business in a box. many years of amp building experience all on one hard drive. If anyone is interested in that please email or PM. If there is anyone in the Chicago land area who could help me finish up two amp projects I could use the help I already have someone finishing up an Express for me I have a bass amp that i just finished needs a little tweaking and I have a new build of one of my designs for a customer that's due the end of may. its a SE amp with a KT88 and two 12 AX7 on an eyelet board. I have all the parts here to build it .I also have several chassis in various states of build that I will also be selling off. My son will start listing these in the next couple of days or so.
Thanks guys and I hope and pray to "see" you again one day
Phil for Marlon(mcrracer)
M Fowler

Re: TAG member needs a little help

Post by M Fowler »

Marlon, keep up the great spirit and you have noted to us in the past that your eye sight has been bad, sorry your sight has now deteriorated.

I can always use parts but feel sort of guility on one hand and helpful to your situation on the other hand. Take Care.

Mark
Structo

Post by Structo »

Although I am not in a financial situation to help you Marlon, you will definitely be in my prayers and thoughts.

I'll pray for healing and for wisdom for the doctors treating you.

Best wishes, Tom
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Drumslinger

Post by Drumslinger »

Hey Marlon,

Keep strong brother! Anything is possible these days and many advancements have been made. Hopefully the doctors can come up with a solution so you don't have worry about your vision going in and out. Like Mark, I can always use extra parts sir. Take care and I hope things work out.

Regards,

Cary
Cliff Schecht

Post by Cliff Schecht »

I am interested in parts as well. Are you going to post them in the for sale section or do we need to PM you for more info?

Sorry to hear of your situation :(.
Cliff Schecht - Circuit P.I.
Bob S

Best Wishes

Post by Bob S »

Hey Marlon,
Best wishes for a lasting and speedy recovery.
You'll be in my prayers.
Bob
Why Aye Man
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Hey Marlon,

Very sorry to hear of your failing eyesight. That is one of my biggest fears in life and I can only imagine how this feels. I sincerely hope that your sight returns and never fails again.

I will do what I can to help out.

Kind regards,
Darin
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
Cygnus X1

Post by Cygnus X1 »

What a shock, I have valued your guidance throughout my own journey.

I'll be on the lookout for what is available, and pray things make a turnaround.

It makes no sense or may mean nothing...or even may be an insult...but for my part I have always said I'd give up my eyesight to not lose my hearing.
I hold the music, voices, and the sounds even more precious than what I see, or will see.
mcrracer

Post by mcrracer »

This is Phil My dad has been really moved by your kind words thoughts and prayers he says thank you very much I will be posting parts and stuff in the for sale section as soon as I can get the pictures and descriptions together. Thanks again
Phil for Marlon
Big Jim

Post by Big Jim »

Hi Marlon, I hope your condition improves....You have always been a source of knowlege, and an asset to the forum. You are also a good guy to deal with on parts as well. Best of luck...
Jim
David Root

Post by David Root »

Marlon, I had no idea. I wish you well and hope your eyesight improves.

I have medical issues myself but they don't involve my vision and are currently well under control.

Drumslinger is right, medical science has capabilities in just about every ailment, there are very few it seems where nothing can be done. Oh, and don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion on an adverse diagnosis, it is your right.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Hi Marlon, have your son PM me a list and I'll help you with whatever you (your son) needs to sell. We have great people here and I'm sure all would like to help.

Allyn
Admin
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

Marlon, Phil - please accept my best wishes for recover and better things down the road. I live in Crystal Lake and got a few pieces from your kind dad a few months back. If there's anything at all I can do, feel free to PM me or email me barrywolf - at - comcast dot net. I may not have a small iota of the skill of most on this board, but I'm happy to help in any way I can.

best wishes -
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Marlon -

Whew, this is tough stuff to hear. I've another friend that just went through a similar ordeal. He's a saxophone playin' jazz musician in Argentina and supplements giggin' with instrument repair. He ended up having surgery done on both eyes with a good outcome.

I just went through back surgery myself - after 29 years since injuring my back in the submarines (I'm 6'4" - or, at least, once was). The back is good but I waited too long - ie, until I had a serious enough side effect from the back injury to demand an MRI - so now I have drop foot. Arghhh... I'm going a lil' cabin crazy having to stay home until my doctor releases me for work. I know - count my blessings that I have that on the horizon.

You've got a lot of people sending much love your way. Be well.

Regarding the sale of your gear:

I'm hoping that your son can get a detailed list together and that some of our members can get a reasonable estimate of a fair price on each lot. That way no one has to feel bad about taking advantage of a challenging situation.

All the best to you and yours,

George