Fender IPO

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Cantplay

Fender IPO

Post by Cantplay »

Fender is doing an IPO!

Anyone planning to get in on this?

John
surfsup

Re: Fender IPO

Post by surfsup »

IPOs are only good if you're in on the ground floor. Got $500k? I don't think Fender will be a 10bagger outta the gate. But I could be wrong. We have massive debt and countries defaulting yet the market is at a high. ??? :shock:
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

No effin way. I am shorting everything. (except for Switchcraft jacks lol)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
NickC

Post by NickC »

Negative. I am completely out of the equities market, and have been for some time.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

surfsup wrote:We have massive debt and countries defaulting yet the market is at a high. ??? :shock:
This is in part because the US (despite our government's abysmal fiscal discipline and non-constitutional monetary policy of fiat currency) is still the best place to invest. Blue chips and other sectors continue to perform. Investors are sitting on hundreds of billions of dollars and with the Euro zone struggling, the Middle East doing its best to self-destruct, investors want the least amount of volatility vs. return.
collinsamps

Post by collinsamps »

If I was still investing it wouldn't be with Fender. I think they have bought up nearly every great American guitar company and turned once good names into the same old crap that is current day Fender. The word Monopoly is in full effect here, and would be illegal if anyone seemed to care.

To name a few........

Guild, Sunn, SWR, Gretsch(guitars & Drums), Jackson, Charvel, Olympia, Orpheum, Tacoma, anything from Kaman Music Corporation, Ovation, LP and Toca, Gibraltar Hardware, Genz Benz, Hamer,
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

Collins, the timing of this sniff of cashing out at the high.

Colossal, that is how it looks on the surface, however 'merica aint exactly sitting pretty either, in terms of the balance sheet...
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

Colossal wrote:
surfsup wrote:We have massive debt and countries defaulting yet the market is at a high. ??? :shock:
This is in part because the US (despite our government's abysmal fiscal discipline and non-constitutional monetary policy of fiat currency) is still the best place to invest. Blue chips and other sectors continue to perform. Investors are sitting on hundreds of billions of dollars and with the Euro zone struggling, the Middle East doing its best to self-destruct, investors want the least amount of volatility vs. return.
It is also due to the big-time devaluation of the dollar.
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

surfsup wrote:Colossal, that is how it looks on the surface, however 'merica aint exactly sitting pretty either, in terms of the balance sheet...
True. Investors are sitting on billions, but consumers/taxpayers are sidelined to watch the erosion of our standard of living, which will continue. The balance sheet is a total disaster...I am always staying vigilant looking for ways to cut my overhead as a hedge against inflation. That said, I'm not over-leveraged like many with credit card debt and a house that's far beyond my means to support.
mlp-mx6 wrote:It is also due to the big-time devaluation of the dollar.
Very true.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I am doing just that as well. Little is the future.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.