Any tricks to logging in on Android phone?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

camerongrieve

Any tricks to logging in on Android phone?

Post by camerongrieve »

Hi,
Can't seem to get into the forum using my Samsung s3 i9300
Just keep getting password errors, but am able to log in fine at home.

Any hints or suggestions?

PS: I'm new to Android - had no troubles with iphone
So far that has been the theme since I changed phones :-/
Structo

Re: Any tricks to logging in on Android phone?

Post by Structo »

I'm too dumb to own a smart phone. :lol:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

I found that on Android I couldn't log in from the main screen, but once in one of the topic forums I was able to do it.

John
cbass

Post by cbass »

Try smacking it with a hammer :lol:
dano-rator

Post by dano-rator »

I'm on a 'Droid Bionic right now, and I don't have any problems. Nor did I have any problems logging in on my Blackberry Storm or my last Droid Incredible.

Not bragging, just offering hope.

Stock browser? Maybe check the browser menu settings? Or try another browser off the market (er, I mean Google Play), Dolphin and Opera are pretty good.

If and when tou get it sorted out just make sure you check the "log me in automatically" box. That will keep the problem away for a while at least.

Dan
Oo De Lally
camerongrieve

Post by camerongrieve »

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I must admit to completely forgetting about this thread after the logging-in process mysteriously started working as it should, a few days after I started the thread.

Believe me, I have considered hitting the phone with a hammer many times, and probably would have if I wasn't on a 2 year contract

It's my first Android experience, I was lured by the nice spec sheet and larger-than-iphone screen. In reality, its been nothing but trouble.

Firstly the "Package File is Invalid" error when trying to download anything over 5Meg from Google Play.

This resulted in many wasted hours on the phone to both Samsung and my network provider, over 3 weeks, with no result other than people suggesting what had already been tried (clear cache, turn it off then on again - derrr)

Then a new phone to try to resolve the issue, which had a faulty on/off switch, making the phone shut down/reboot at random.

Coupled with a disinterested and unhelpful franchisee, it made for a very frustrating few weeks.

I might add, this is not just one phone, but my wifes s3 purchased at the same time, with the same problems.

Then, like magic, it started "working"

When I say "working" I mean - you know - what Android does... you download an app, it doesn't really work, but works well enough to spam your notifications with links to "XRay Bikini Girls" or "Battery Saver", but the app you wanted just crashes. So you try to uninstall it, but it won't, so you download an uninstaller and an anti-virus program.
Or then there's big name apps like eBay or Facebook that can't retrieve messages or are missing major features - I could go on all night.

In the end I have a skinny phone with a big pretty screen, but its a piece of sh!t

I wish I could cancel my contract and get an iphone 4S. Yes, Apple is an evil corporation etc etc, but at least all the apps on iTunes WORK, everything is nice and slick and you don't have to go digging through the nuts and bolts of the operating system to change a setting on it.

I couldn't recommend anything Android based on my experience.

Only 23 months to go....
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

If you go to your browser, then hit the menu button, then go to more then settings, there is a checkbox to "accept cookies" is this checked?
sliberty

Post by sliberty »

Android? What is that, a type of iPhone? :twisted:
camerongrieve

Post by camerongrieve »

Yeah, cookies were on. It's working now though.

"Android? What is that, a type of iPhone?"

Yeah, for people who aren't fussy about things working
As you can tell, I'm not bitter in the slightest :x