Election...

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

cbass

Re: Election...

Post by cbass »

No not zero.I was just making a generlization.but I think there is something wrong with someone that has say 500,000,000 dollars and there main priority in life is to get more.
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

I agree. That does not mean the system is broken. It means that person is broken.

Discouraging achievement improves nothing, improves nobody's life.

Generally speaking, generalizations don't help. ( :wink: )
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
cbass

Post by cbass »

mlp-mx6 wrote:I agree. That does not mean the system is broken. It means that person is broken.

Discouraging achievement improves nothing, improves nobody's life.

Generally speaking, generalizations don't help. ( :wink: )
I guess it depends on what your definition of achievment is..

You're right generalizing isbad.I was just really talking about my experince with the richest 1% in my area.I don' know anything else.

But I do know if the richest around here had there way we would be working for tokens that we could only cash in at their store.
It burns there ass to have to pay someone minimum wage.So they hire illegals to work at their sawmills and put them up in a shack somewhere.
They stop every business/factory from coming here they can cause they don't want wages to go up.
So I can only assume things are similiar elsewhere.
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

I would never call degrading or taking advantage of other people as achievement.
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
C Moore

Post by C Moore »

My candidate may still have been in jail on election night.
Not sure if she was released on time or not.
best
briane

Post by briane »

You're right generalizing isbad.I was just really talking about my experince with the richest 1% in my area.I don' know anything else.
1 thing noone seems to remember - as I grew up a lot of working stiffs became 'rich' or at least self sufficient.

They saved their money, ate top-ramen, drove used cars, and then retired at 50.

People who wasted their resources on iphones, expensive cars, bloated houses, and eating out are doing themselves a disservice -they have plenty of money - but never learned how to invest in their future.

Take it from me - I am a working stiff - with low wages - but I save my money, have a retirement account - and may be able yo retire by 50. It aint easy.

Its not the system - its people making poor life choices, then blaming others because they 'couldnt do it like the rest'. People need to learn to take responsibility for their choices - there is exactly ZERO of that in america now - both from the so called 99% as well as the so called 1%.
it really is a journey, and you just cant farm out the battle wounds
guitardude57

Post by guitardude57 »

Have you ever seen this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

I am never surprised and always amazed
cbass

Post by cbass »

sorry its been a long week
Last edited by cbass on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcmatt

Post by bcmatt »

As a Canadian, it's my responsibility to say... ...nothing.

I have a limited capacity for political discussions anyways. I think I get to the barfing point at about 20 consecutive minutes.
I just want to say that I appreciate that this is a community where we respect and honor each other first, then really any topic of discussion is perfectly appropriate and civilized.

Even us Canadians are inundated by all the hype of american elections for months before and I can't stand it. The media and political parties don't seem to have any respect for each other (or themselves in my opinion). I'm not trying to ride my Canadian high horse; I see our politics showing more and more of this too, it just hasn't gotten as bad yet...

Anyways, I wanted to say that generally the discussion here (TAG) is so much more tolerable, and I believe it is because we already see each other as humans worthy of mutual respect.
Cygnus X1

Post by Cygnus X1 »

Ahhh...shuddup!

:)

J/K

Yes, glad the ads are gone.
Time to focus on some music.
Buschman

Post by Buschman »

All I am disappointed in is the way anybody that didn't get their way is acting. It sure ain't a perfect world you better redneckognize!
I blame rap music!
I've got blisters on my fingers!