Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

telentubes

Re: Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Post by telentubes »

Built this for a friend who is headed out on the road.
Inspired by a 50s Harmony Stratotone H42.
Alder body. Gold Foil pickups built by Curtis Novak.
Stacked pot.
High fun factor with those gold foils.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

What do those pickups do?

:D
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

I don't know but the gold one must do it better :lol:
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

My new fave, 2016 aged R8 with fake weather checking. Throbak pups and rings, montreux knobs. It's a ripper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

My old band mate brought in his main gigging axe from years ago, basically just so we could see what was under the hood. He bought it around 1980 at one of the guitar stores on 48th street in NYC. They told him it was a parts guitar with a '59 neck and a '62 body. Turns out it has a '54 neck, and we think the body is a '65 (only a guess) as the pots, at least one pickups, and the neck plate are dated to '65. It's been chopped, so doesn't have much collector value, but it is one of the best sounding Strats you've ever heard, which is why he bought it.
The wear and tear is real, as my friend was a 200 to 250 night a year gigger. No custom shop distressing here.
DSCN4216.JPG
DSCN4218.JPG
DSCN4234.JPG
xtian

Post by xtian »

^^^ swee--EEET ^^^

Here's a photo of the twins. Over the past couple of years, the black Fender Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe has become very familiar to my hands, and, in my cover band at least, I feel uncomfortable playing anything else. So much so, that I bought #2, the sunburst one, and kitted it out with the same hardware.

On both, I had my luthier replace the stock nut, and I replaced the P90s with GFS Mini '59 humbuckers ($35 each). A stutter switch and coil split switch replace two of the pots, leaving one volume and one tone. I have 2.2nF||100K treble bleed on the volume pots. GFS locking tuners ($35 for the set) are the BOMB--very nice machines for the price, and SO fast to replace strings, that I often do it WHILE the band vamps and waits for me to tune back up--usually takes less than 90 seconds (depending on how late it is in the gig...*ahem*). #2 came with nice Callaham compensated brass saddles. Wife ordered me a dual-guitar Gator bag to complete the package.

If Fender asks, I'm ready for my signature guitar.

twins.jpg
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

40 years later this shit happened
image.jpeg
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Ibanez-es?
xtian

Post by xtian »

New baby (Carvin SH645, right) old baby (Carvin CT6, left). Sweee-eeeet.

IMG_8429.jpg
Last edited by xtian on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phazor

Post by Phazor »

Well 40 pluyears in a closet . I wanted a slide guitar and found a spray painted melody maker in a pawn shop. I added mahogany to the back to make a les Paul jr out of it back in the 70's and then never finished it and put it in the closet. Always loved Lesly West's tone on his les Paul jr . Sanded this one down last month and put it back together and my brother did a tobacco burst finish. I know I ruined the value but hey it was the 70's and these guitars were a dime a dozen back then. It's fun to play slide on Nowland and looks cool.
Winder

Post by Winder »

Here's a few

1980 Mockinbird Supreme

2004 or thereabouts Agile Double Cut (pickup winding experimental platform)

My babies. 1970-something Greco EX-800 (mahogany), 2000-something Agile Ghost, 1976/77 Greco EX-800 "Destroyer" (Fuji-Gen factory - Sen wood) - Forget the exact dates on the Grecos

1975/76 Ibanez Custom Agent

Tokai LS-150 ('59 LP Copy)

1982/83 Washburn 12-String

Late '70s Westone

Dean Vee Select

Agile 335 Lawsuit

Carvin Bolt-T Kit Guitar

1998 Gibson LP Studio DC

Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Love the bird! Nice pile.

I have one that came with a tag said "Mockingbird Standard (PRO) in koa about the same date. I bought it new out of the last box we opened in a 10 hour testing binge. heh
Winder

Post by Winder »

Reeltarded wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:31 am Love the bird! Nice pile.

I have one that came with a tag said "Mockingbird Standard (PRO) in koa about the same date. I bought it new out of the last box we opened in a 10 hour testing binge. heh
Thanks. This one is hard rock maple. I ordered it from Skip's Music in Sacramento in 1980 and have had it ever since. 10 hours is a long time! Rich's from that time are really nice instruments.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Parker PM20 Hornet nabbed from local craigslist. Added GFS locking tuners and GFS Vintage '59 humbuckers, new electronics with coil tap. Will get new nut next week. Neck and action are great! Medium C shape with stainless frets. Loving it.

parker pm20 hornet.jpg