Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Chad

Re: Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Post by Chad »

randalp3000 wrote:nice,
this 59 came out of Jackson prison with a repaired headstock and a jack mod. Out of necessity someone harvested the upper frets to replace the first 7. I think the serial # is 929292 or 939393

[IMG:800:600]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... theone.jpg[/img]

this one I traded for a Maz 18 long ago duh :oops:

[IMG:480:640]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... G_0237.jpg[/img]
I have an uncle that was in Jackson who was and still is a fantastic player.when he was born his left hand was deformed so he learned to play guitar on his lap but none the less is a great player.randalp3000 seems your out of Holland,Mi. I myself live between Kallamazoo and Grand Rapids (Gun Lake) Nice to see a TAG forumite here from close by. BTW nice axe,Chad
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

Reeltarded wrote:The tighter edge one is a later serial? I have noticed differences without reason on some and the best idea we ever came up with was out of place tools and it's hard to tell by eye what you are picking up if you don't check it.

Is the tighter one really as tight as a tele, or just kind of in between?

Many transitions going on at Gibson that year, for sure.
the tighter one was later, could have been an early '60. both were feather weights, the one I still have is around 7 lbs. I think.
billyz

Post by billyz »

Guess I'm getting too old , here is one of my favorites.

I do have a youtube of me playing it .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

Chad - that reminds me of a Melody Maker I got in high school. Had that axe 36 years.

This here is Alice:

[img:1024:768]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj55 ... 2319e8.jpg[/img]
dreric

Post by dreric »

Here's a few:

1. 12 string dobro............wicked
2. Home-made Frankenstrats
3. Home-made, Guild, G&L,PRS and Dano
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric
1949 Zenith, Zenith Toggle Recoil, Zenith 55 & 440
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Korina at the top is a 59 with some white coils and a neck dowel under the strap button. Worst neck joint in the world excepting the early 60-61 SGLP. Korina in a 50 year old guitar sounds great, but I will say that I never played one that didn't suck. They were some of the poorest constructed guitars of the golden era at Gibson. You want to like it, but.. sold for lunch money.

So I was the only guy that wanted anything pointy back when everything was a Tele/Strat/LP and I ended up with some really great guitars. A blue 67 V from the same batch as the Hendrix V, matching neck and headstock. UPS broke it and Lenny Kravitz bought it cracked. No pics.

Also red all over 67. Very nice. Sold a couple years back for lunch money somehwere. Guy in another band had one with a natural neck 2 numbers or something from this one. Angle is shallow on these like a Melody Maker and the strings want to jump out of even the deepest cut saddles. These guitars are about as thin as two fat fingers. Nothing there. Sounds huge in front of massive volume.

I am glad not to own all of these guitars anymore. Makes me not an asshole! :P

(although I have had 13 bursts, and even saying that does make me an asshole!) :)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

The Green Goblin. 1960 Caddy Green CC. Last of the thin bodied Retsches. I saved this one from an ill planned Falcon conversion. Only remaning F-hole thing from a time when I was kinda stupid for umm.. thin old things with big cases. hmmm.. The thing that looks like a bad shadow is a friend's 61 SG JR that he bought for $5 at a garage sale without a case.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Can't sleep
Last edited by Reeltarded on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Cool axes!

Dr. Eric, you have a great looking music room there, lots of choices! :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

Dang, that's some killer stuff.

Here's one I got awhile back from a guy called the Wizard. He told me to make him an offer so I offered 1500 and he said he wanted 900????????
Hard to date these but it's an early one. I did find a schematic for it and got all the electronics working.

[IMG:597:796]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... AG0013.jpg[/img]
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

hah! My heart belongs to a Mockingbird! That one is awesome!!

If you ever get bored with it tell me first, PLEASE!!

That is the same year range as this one. The serial number has the date in code. This guitar is 87215.

The production date is actually last weeks of 1981. Your's has knobs from this and the next series. My whole harness is swapped from a 79 Eagle because I wore some things out and the Eagle is a backup. The knobs followed the harness. They were into 89 numbers by the end of 82, for sure.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

The only guitars I have with me are a Gibson Les Paul Special '01 VOS I added a bigsby vibrato to and rewound the bridge pickup up 8%
And a gibson '01 SJ-200 sunburst acoustic played by tommy Emanuel. It's funny I started out a Fender guy in my youth and I've turned into a Gibson guy.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

Wo, that's crazy. I can't tell if either of them are Koa or Walnut? I waited a looooong time to get one of these. The only way I'd let it go is to get an Eagle so I could be like Neil Geraldo. :)
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Hah! They are koa. I could swap the harness back in to the Eagle. No pic on me here but it is the pearl white guitar laying beside the Mockingbird.

It's maple with rosewood stringers. Think about me if you get bored!

Love that shaded J-200 up there. Only guitars I like with medium strings. Takes some mass to move those bad asses.

Does anyone have Ibanez doublenecks for sale or trade? Also looking for a Bob Weir model. :)
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

You got some nice guitars, reel. In fact these are all fine instruments.

This is Tony, an HD28-V. Taught me fingerpickin.

[img:800:352]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj55 ... V-13sz.jpg[/img]