Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

vibratoking

Re: Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Post by vibratoking »

It's a 2005 Custom Shop Historic. Really a nice guitar. I'm prepping for a move and need to lighten the load. Here's couple more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Angus approves. :twisted:
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

Here's a refret I finished last night
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

2006 '58 Les Paul Historic Reissue. FAT neck.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

My purchase today is a 1982 Gibson Black Beauty Les Paul, very well worn with lots of character, flat frets and yellowed binding, plus beat up case. Love it. Plays very well :lol:

Must be some kind of Deluxe series not a Custom but has all the features of a Custom but the logo looks like Deluxe.

Eight digit impressed serial number (1982).
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Nice score Mark. Tune to Drop D, plug into one of your high gain Marshalls, and let'er rip.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Thanks Dave, I ran it through my 50w version of the AFD #39 and was having a blast. :lol:
randalp3000

Post by randalp3000 »

Back when I was a PRS dealer and sales were rocking this was my 5 year bonus to myself. I forgot what a nice guitar this is, solid Brazilian neck and FB. Played the snot out of it for a few years.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Nice!

Post by HeeBGB »

So last year my Mom got re-married. Her husband has been telling me about how he used to play guitar and that he has a hollow Gibson he bought new in the 60's. He had stopped playing and gave the guitar to his son who now doesn't play either. So I have been after him to get it from his son so I could see it. He brought it over today.
Last edited by HeeBGB on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeCon

Post by JoeCon »

HeeBGB

ES330! Had one just like it in 1966. Wanted a Les Paul but it was jut too much. Beautiful guitar...with I had mine today...

Enjoy.
In theory, theory is the same as practice. In practice it's different.
Bob Simpson

Post by Bob Simpson »

I've kept these...
They seem to cover all the bases...
Please understand that IMO an answer to this question is of no practical relevance at all. - Max
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Nice peeps!

Been a long time since I noticed activity here.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
fusionbear

Post by fusionbear »

Learning to learn...
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

If you like weird as much as I do, here's a prototype of the humbucking custom. I have never seen this guitar but I knew it was out there because it appears that all guitars that got humbuckers had at least one three control example made following the futuristic line and as an experiment.

The three control setup is so much clearer than the VT/VT setup.

Love this one. 1957.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Xtian Thinline

Finally got the last part (graphite nut) installed on this craigslist buy. It has become my #1 gigging stick. Before and after photo attached. Far easier to name the parts that are original than the parts that have been replaced.

GFS Mini '59 humbuckers, GFS locking tuners (great quality). One volume, one tone, coil tap switch. Weighs only 6.5 lbs, but sounds like a bear on steroids.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com