Strong winds in OKC

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

selloutrr

Strong winds in OKC

Post by selloutrr »

It's been an exciting couple days in the Oklahoma City area.
I'm sure more are to come.
Moore took an F4+ tornado today. 1/2 mile wide touched down for 46min.
I just got softball sized hale.

It's a cluster fuck in moore now. Roads closed, school leveled. Plenty of warning and people just hung out above ground???

Live news feed online @
Koco 5
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
Reeltarded

Re: Strong winds in OKC

Post by Reeltarded »

I was expecting Judy Garland to fly out of that thing.

Yikes, and such.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

It picked up a car on TV as it was crossing a river it was awesome it spun a few times and shot out. 180mph

One more day to go
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

This is really horrible. I just found out seven of the deaths were from the elementary school. The really bad part is that they basically were pinned under rubble and drowned from broken water pipes.

Seems like someone could design something to shut off water lines; either from detecting a tornado, or from detecting major pressure loss.

I went trough one tornado when I lived in Atlanta. My wife and young kids huddled in a basement bathroom, listening to the roaring of a train.

It skipped our neighborhood, but wiped out two close by.

Think I'll stick to earthquake regions.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

LeftyStrat wrote:This is really horrible.
Got that right. I've been through several hurricane with similar damage, albeit more widespread, but with them you have plenty of warning. For whole neighborhoods to be wiped out .. . . My heart goes out to them.
chordball

Post by chordball »

I don't post much here (I read damn near everything in my efforts to learn), but I just want to say that whatever form of positive energy you can send is much needed here in Oklahoma.

I live in Shawnee which is about 40 miles from Moore. Moore was just hit this afternoon. Last I saw on the news, there are at least 51 fatalities and somewhere close to half of those are children. :cry: I'm sure there are plenty of pictures out there to see the damage, but we're talking entire neighborhoods being leveled.

Yesterday part of my area was hit but thankfully I was not affected.

It's so bad here that it's getting worldwide coverage.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

Some pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbass

Post by cbass »

We got the same storms Last night not near as severe.I've been through several tornadoes our town has been directly hit a couple of times.I remeber going a round and playing in the rubble.Foundations taht were stripped clean.There is really no way to comprehend what 200+ MPH winds can do.

If that thing was an F5 like they're saying being above ground or below ground may not make a lot of difference.

What a tragedy
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

That is a tragedy. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the tornados. I've never been in a tornado and hope I never am. I really have no idea what it's like to be on the ground when one happens. I heard the school had plenty of warning, but decided to keep the kids there instead of letting them out since it was after school hours. I wonder what can be learned to possibly avoid a similar tragedy in the future. As a school admin, I would want to be damn sure I had a safe place for those kids before I decided to keep them there. I would expect that a storm shelter is mandatory for a school in tornado alley. I saw a graphic on the news that showed the path of 2 prior, big tornados plust this latest one. Almost identical path. Why build schools in that path? Just wondering out loud.
Structo

Post by Structo »

What a tragedy.

Watched a lot of news last night.

The elementary schools and loss of life are heart breakers.:cry:

Prayers and thoughts to all the victims of this deadly wave of tornadoes.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!