It's awfully quiet around here...

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

JazzGuitarGimp

It's awfully quiet around here...

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Is everybody else watching The Voice too?
Last edited by JazzGuitarGimp on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
Leo_Gnardo

Re: It's awefully qyuite around here...

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

JazzGuitarGimp wrote:Is everybody else watching The Voice too?
Being culturally deprived* (no TV) I don't know what is The Voice.

But I haven't seen CBass around for a week or so. His new avatar disappeared, then he did. I'm gettin' a little worried. Hope he's just busy concentrating on his latest projects.

OK now I wiki'd The Voice. Another "talent" show, big yawn. If you want to get attention from the TAG crowd, you'll have to put up a new show on the same lines, "The Twang." Show off guitars, amps, great playing and of course, hot chicks. When the money starts rolling in send me 10%.

* Hey, I'm depraved on account of I'm deprived! Gee Officer Krupke...
down technical blind alleys . . .
NickC

Post by NickC »

Leo_Gnardo wrote:............. put up a new show on the same lines, "The Twang." Show off guitars, amps, great playing and of course, hot chicks........
Now THAT is a show I would watch! There is technology readily available and cable channels full of useless static that could be diverted to such worthy programming.

It's too bad that MTV migrated away from music. It's a desolate teenaged wasteland of depraved idiocy now. Same thing happened to Rolling Stone once they drifted away from music and got into politics, movies, and pop culture. Sad.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

NickC wrote:It's too bad that MTV migrated away from music.
Yeah, and for a while MTV2 was what MTV used to be (sort of). Then it sucked and I quit watching. Maybe we'll get an MTV3 that just plays music?
NickC

Post by NickC »

Leo_Gnardo wrote: ..............

But I haven't seen CBass around for a week or so. His new avatar disappeared, then he did. I'm gettin' a little worried. Hope he's just busy concentrating on his latest projects.

Don't worry, he posted yesterday a few times (Monday June 17).
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

NickC wrote:It's too bad that MTV migrated away from music. It's a desolate teenaged wasteland of depraved idiocy now. Same thing happened to Rolling Stone once they drifted away from music and got into politics, movies, and pop culture. Sad.
Nonetheless there have been some excellent RS reports on politics & culture. I rarely read any RS currently, unless a good article is pointed out online. Going back what, gotta be 25 years, had a year's RS subscription and read Tom Wolfe's "Bonfire of the Vanities" as it came out in old fashioned serial form. That was a good moment. I recall another amazing in-depth RS article on Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, you may remember early 80's when he & his followers took over Antelope Oregon and started running things their way. IIRC the last sentence was "We have automatic weapons and we know how to use them." Peace love dove my ass. Kinda ripped the lid off of that can of worms.

What surprises me are some recent top-flight articles on politics & world affairs in New Yorker and even Vanity Fair. Who woulda thunk it?
Reeltarded

Re: It's awfully quiet around here...

Post by Reeltarded »

3 days of migraine haze.. just like watching The Voice..
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
NickC

Post by NickC »

Migraine is the worst. Absolutely the worst.

Get well soon Miles.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Reeltarded wrote:3 days of migraine haze.. just like watching The Voice..
Watch this instead. Ever check out migraine art? There is such a thing. One well known artist is Anne Adams. There's a few others, I'm sure you can google some up. Get well soon!

Here's an Anne Adams Migraine :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Man, I don't get migraines but if I had to look at that "art" for very long, I probably would get one.

No offense, of course. :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
rdjones

Post by rdjones »

NickC wrote:
Leo_Gnardo wrote:............. put up a new show on the same lines, "The Twang." Show off guitars, amps, great playing and of course, hot chicks........
Now THAT is a show I would watch! There is technology readily available and cable channels full of useless static that could be diverted to such worthy programming.
The closest to that would have been "Rock Star: INXS" and "Rock Star: SuperNova" where the band auditioned for a lead singer on the program.

At least on the second 'season' (SuperNova - Tommy Lee, Dave Navaro) I thought The House Band outplayed the namesake band.

I watched with interest but the show had poor ratings and hasn't been back.
Both INXS and SuperNova broke up after the show(s) in disputes with their respective winning contestant lead singers.

reddog
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

No I've just lost interest in the forum. It's seems the garage talk section is the only new material and even most of that has been said in another post.
After buying a '91 express and collecting parts.. The interest is gone.

It's pointless to share information on the trainwreck forum now that the profit interests are worth more than truth.

On a side note.. I hate the voice! Reality television was/is the down fall of creativity. After the writers strike and the push to everyone doing reality television which ushered in the big screen remake of 80's films with horrible CGI. Fuck I hate CGI.. It's a artwork that is abused far to much.

I won't be on here for a bit I'm off to solve the CGI reality TV problems...
I'm going to need a paper clip a ball or string some gum and wah wah pedal. A bag of blow wouldn't hurt.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
NickC

Post by NickC »

selloutrr wrote:No I've just lost interest in the forum. It's seems the garage talk section is the only new material and even most of that has been said in another post.
After buying a '91 express and collecting parts.. The interest is gone.

It's pointless to share information on the trainwreck forum now that the profit interests are worth more than truth.

On a side note.. I hate the voice! Reality television was/is the down fall of creativity. After the writers strike and the push to everyone doing reality television which ushered in the big screen remake of 80's films with horrible CGI. Fuck I hate CGI.. It's a artwork that is abused far to much.

I won't be on here for a bit I'm off to solve the CGI reality TV problems...
I'm going to need a paper clip a ball or string some gum and wah wah pedal. A bag of blow wouldn't hurt.
Howdy selloutrr,

I've been meaning to ask about your sig line: My Daughter Built Stonehenge. There's a story there I figure, and I'd love to hear it if you're willing to tell.

Best Wishes,
Nick
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

It's not that interesting of a story but sure...
She was playing with building blocks and watching the history channel and build stone henge
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I get really sick of some of the new members and their know it all attitude so I said fuck it, I'm not posting.

The place has changed too much or maybe I'm just an old fart that can't tolerate things anymore. Probably both issues. :)

Mark, grumpy old man.