It's awfully quiet around here...

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

NickC

Re: It's awfully quiet around here...

Post by NickC »

selloutrr wrote:It's not that interesting of a story but sure...
She was playing with building blocks and watching the history channel and build stone henge
I've got three grown children and greatly appreciate that story. I often wish I could hit the rewind button and relive those experiences. Memories are great, but they get fuzzy over time. Thanks for sharing it.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

M Fowler wrote:I get really sick of some of the new members and their know it all attitude so I said fuck it, I'm not posting.

The place has changed too much or maybe I'm just an old fart that can't tolerate things anymore. Probably both issues. :)

Mark, grumpy old man.
+1
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

NickC wrote:
She was playing with building blocks and watching the history channel and build stone henge
I've got three grown children and greatly appreciate that story. I often wish I could hit the rewind button and relive those experiences. Memories are great, but they get fuzzy over time. Thanks for sharing it.
Thank you for reminding me its been over a year since I've seen her for more than a couple days. I sure do miss her.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

M Fowler wrote:I get really sick of some of the new members and their know it all attitude so I said fuck it, I'm not posting.

The place has changed too much or maybe I'm just an old fart that can't tolerate things anymore. Probably both issues. :)

Mark, grumpy old man.
+1

For me, the above coupled with a cluster fuck of a life (bad divorce - losing my kids / trainwreck of a remarriage), health issues and minimum of a 50 hour a week job and not having a pot to piss in financially / build an amp in has throttled my interest / desire of late.

For those of you in a divorce situation - fight for your kids and don't remarry - it IS the best solution - too late for me.

The entitlement thinking of the younger generation has about broke me in many ways. I was scratching for 50 bucks for food (still meeting mortgage and other bill obligations etc) at the check out line - when two young kids in front of me both wearing gang banger clothes, 100 + dollar Nikes, Iphones etc whipped out 2 EBT debit cards (food stamps) and bought $298 worth of shit in their cart..... Damn, I don't even know why I work anymore. It is that thinking of entitlement that is spilling over into daily life that is ruining everything.

Thanks for being here guys - you make it real. Come on Miles, Tom and Cbass let's hear some funny REAL shit that is what keeps this place worth returning to.
katopan

Post by katopan »

NickC wrote:
My kids are young - one about to turn 6 and the other recently 3. One of their friends recently loaned us a marble run game with ramp and tunnel pieces you put together to roll a marble down. The friend who lent it only had two marbles to use. We got home, put it all together, then I dug out my marble bag I've kept from when I was a kid. Must be 50+ of all different sorts. We all had such a good time just running handfuls of marbles down this structure I'd helped them build. They're only little kids but I already know to appreciate every moment like that with them.
Structo

Post by Structo »

John_P_WI wrote:
Thanks for being here guys - you make it real. Come on Miles, Tom and Cbass let's hear some funny REAL shit that is what keeps this place worth returning to.
It's real hard to keep a positive attitude in these times, John.

I've always had trouble with the half full glass, always view it as half empty.

With nothing but bad news on the news, administration scandals, bad economy, no jobs, health issues, etc.
Just really hard to stay positive.

WTF is up with this president we have?
Gallivanting around Europe saying we have to eliminate nuclear weapons when other countries are developing them to threaten us.
Pissing off Russia by sending weapons to Syria, in the same theme we are indirectly supplying helicopters to the Assad regime? http://tinyurl.com/ohz5p25

His wife taking safari trips to Africa at the tune of $100 million?
Sequestration indeed.
http://tinyurl.com/lz9nxur

How about work on our domestic issues like our economy and jobs?
How about work on our national defense?

This place kind of keeps me grounded, living vicariously through you guys...lol

But I do have good news!

I saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO. :shock:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I finally threw up. I think migraine fest is coming to an end.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

I hope you are on the mend Miles... Been there before with headaches, they are no fun. The doc had me on ambien to help me sleep with all of the stuff going on, I think that helped me with my migraines but it really messes you up as in severe joint pain and neuropathy (burning of the finger tips and toes) and muscle weakness. I have not been able to play the guitar seriously for 3 months now.
NickC

Post by NickC »

My prayers and well wishes go out to all the great folks here at TAG, and our nation (I hear you loud-and-clear Tom), and the world at large. You fine folks give me great encouragement and helps restore hope for the future. I hope all the trials and travails we have to go through brings some wisdom and peace eventually.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I have all that stuff going on. Stiff joints and my lower back feels like I have been holding an elephant on my shoulders. I am scared to look at the calendar too. I know it's tomorrow instead of today. I'll bet. Crap.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Seems that I spend all my time here in Garage Talk when it used to be in the building forums. Never have really checked the Fender, Marshall and Cab sections. I guess the humor, listening suggestions, and commentary from all the like minded here keeps me coming back. Could be that I am playing more and building less. It used to be about the tubes and solder fumes......

Get well soon Miles :!:
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Part of the reason I added new sections and WANTED (past tense) to add more sections was to increase traffic. Not necessarily to add members but to expand into new topics. Lets face it...the Wreck stuff is out there and there is nothing new (not really anything new in the tube amp building area as a whole to be honest). In short we have pretty much discussed most everything to be gone through about a Wreck or a Dumble several times over. So I thought that if we wanted to keep up the discussion it would be good to expand the topics but that was met with resistance so we are just in a holding pattern. It has also been pointed out that there are also downsides to expanding things around here. It's a trade-off.

Hope you feel better Miles
Structo

Post by Structo »

I've come to like the new sections.

But I am mainly a Dumble or Fender guy so I don't visit the Marshall or Vox areas much.
But it gives those who are fans of those amps a place to discuss them.

I also like the speaker and cab section.

I'm not sure how many amps, if any, I will build in the future but I still enjoy the camaraderie here and talking about all things tubes. :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Structo wrote:I'm not sure how many amps, if any, I will build in the future but I still enjoy the camaraderie here and talking about all things tubes. :D
I'm in the same boat. I'm may suck at the camaraderie, but I come here for my Structo fix since I don't see you at ReRanch much anymore. :wink:
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

...I know it's tomorrow instead of today....
That means one less day of suffering. The glass is half full. :)