YOU ALL NEED TO CALM DOWN!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sepulchre

Re: YOU ALL NEED TO CALM DOWN!

Post by sepulchre »

David Root wrote:"Anyone can quit smoking, but it takes a real man to face lung cancer."
HAH!! That's not macho, that's bloody Insane!
cbass

Post by cbass »

I don't smoke tobacco but I went all day yesterday without a beer .that's pretty good for me

Keep it up lefty my oldest has taken up smoking .I'm not sure if I should tell him how stupid he is every time I see him or kick the shit out of him. Guess there's not much I can do about it at his age. I don't think he is drinking or doing any drugs which is more than I can say about myself when I was 17
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
Leka

Post by Leka »

Four months without cigarette. I started at age of 16 and smoked camel and red marlboro for 25 years. It was like at least one pack a day. It can be done. I mean the smoking... :)
I stopped smoking cold turkey and the first month was bad, but after that sort of managable. To stop smoking you need at least one motive. One of mine was singing voice, good luck for everyone who is trying to get rid of the damn cig!
tubeswell

Post by tubeswell »

I'd say you're about home free Lefty - good on you.

I kicked the habit in 1984. I was a 2-packet-a-day man. I can't stand them nowadays.
He who dies with the most tubes... wins
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

I was a heavy smoker until I quit in 1986 - cold turkey. I was a real bastard for about three weeks but I haven't touched one since. I hate the smell of them, but about ten years ago I picked up premium cigars. No addiction with them and they're too damned expensive to smoke a lot of.

I love the smell of good cigars, grew up around my great-grandfather smoking them and the pipe constantly.
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

My grandmother begged me for years to quit. She passed away about a decade ago. My mother is getting up in the years, and the last time I talked to her, she had forgotten that I had told her I quit.

Her: "You need to quit smoking to be around for those wonderful kids and wife of yours."

Me: "Mother, you forgot I told you I quit a year ago on June 24th."

Her: "You know that's your grandmother's birthday."

:shock:

It seemed a random day at the time. So either I subconsciously chose that date, which is highly unlikely, since the only way I remember my anniversary is it's my PIN, or Jung's Synchronicity is alive and well.

I choose to believe the latter.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

gui_tarzan wrote:I was a heavy smoker until I quit in 1986 - cold turkey. I was a real bastard for about three weeks but I haven't touched one since. I hate the smell of them, but about ten years ago I picked up premium cigars. No addiction with them and they're too damned expensive to smoke a lot of.

I love the smell of good cigars, grew up around my great-grandfather smoking them and the pipe constantly.
This is my story too, only 1988. Kool milds. It was actually easy. I don't know why it didn't bother me but when my mother quit back in the '60s it was easy for her too. Something in the genes. My dad on the other hand really struggled with it. The day I quit was a leap day, that much I remember. February 29th. Couple of Cigars a year now. I'm going to order a Padron sample pack soon. Yeah. Is this the oldest thread in the Garage next to the show your guitar one? I'm just dropping by to tell y'all I'm alive. I'm building an airplane. No time for amps. Or you wonderful fuckers either.

Later bye
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

skyboltone wrote:I'm just dropping by to tell y'all I'm alive. I'm building an airplane. No time for amps. Or you wonderful fuckers either.

Later bye
Good to see ya! Before you go get lost in your workspace again, hows about a photo or 2 of your airplane project.
down technical blind alleys . . .