I F'ing Hate Home depot!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Re: I F'ing Hate Home depot!

Post by Reeltarded »

Ho'sradish.. steaks fresh off the hoof. Now I'm starving! Salt and pepper. I need a baked potato as big as my head too.

I do huge baked potatos in three stages. Boiling briney water for a while, microwave for a while, then sea salt and foil in the oven @ 425f for a long time. Pops like a balloon when you touch it with a fork. I could live off baked potatos. Have before! Sour cream and salty butter oh my gawd. Pepper please!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
NickC

Post by NickC »

Yep, a baked potato with the fixings, including some crushed crispy bacon and grated cheese, is delicious.

Sadly, I can not have them. They are one of the worst foodstuffs for crazily elevating glycemic index.

Have an extra one for me, eh? 8)
Cygnus X1

Post by Cygnus X1 »

Chives also.
Must have those on my baked tater.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Yes! Chives. I have to go potato shopping this week.

Nick, how unfair is that? There is no God!!

I am so hungry right now I'd eat a Mr. Potatohead uncooked.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I like roasted newtaters best .My mom grew some purple ones that are super good.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

martin manning wrote:BTW, that's some tasty looking stuff up there, Lefty!
Thanks Martin. That's a couple of pork shoulders, hickory smoked. I finish it off with a western NC sauce that can hardly be called a sauce; 2 cups cider vinegar, red pepper flakes, some hot sauce, and a only three Tbs of ketchup. After spending so many hours smoking them, I want the smoke and pork flavors to come through. That sauce just seems to intensify what's there.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

cbass wrote:I like roasted newtaters best .My mom grew some purple ones that are super good.
I made beer butt chicken one time with new potatoes sitting in the pan catching the fat from the chicken, and used pecan for the smoke (actually a cousin of hickory, but a little milder).

We had a lot of leftover potatoes and my wife used them to make mashed potatoes. They were unreal. They had both a hint of chicken and a hint of the smoke. It's become a regular for us.

The secret is to stab them a bunch with a fork, so the smoke can penetrate the skin. And they need to rest a day before making the mashed potatoes. Somehow the flavor intensifies after a day in the fridge.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.