Sometimes it happens.

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Buschman

Sometimes it happens.

Post by Buschman »

Visiting pawnshops for 40 years. This is my second lottery winner. The first was a 1964 p bass. Wish the old strat or tele would show up. $64.95 for this one. The cocky pawnshop dude said something about a boat paddle when I hit the counter with it. 1963 Fender Jazz bass. It's not pretty but it sounds and plays great. Electronics were strong and the strings were recent. Somebody loved it for 50 years. I hope some punks didn't take from somebody or a church!. Kept the receipt just in case. I feels good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've got blisters on my fingers!
Blackburn

Re: Sometimes it happens.

Post by Blackburn »

Nice score!

Wish I could find anything other than garbage in the yawnshops down here. :evil:
Chad

Post by Chad »

Blackburn wrote:Nice score!

Wish I could find anything other than garbage in the yawnshops down here. :evil:
Same thing up here bro. Very,Very rare to run into something to be happy let alone to brag to your friends about. Still looking though,must keep looking right? :( Nice find anyway Buschman. Chad
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

Nice. That never happens much anymore.

Years ago my buddy saw an ad in the local paper for a "Fender guitar with matching amplifier." He and everybody he knew called the number all weekend and got no answer. Monday a guy walks in the store with a 60s Strat and a BF Twin. "Look what I bought."

Turns out the paper misprinted the phone number and the lucky SOB misdialled.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Firestorm wrote: Turns out the paper misprinted the phone number and the lucky SOB misdialled.
Now there's a lucky coincidence!

Got a couple bargains on fleabay when items were misspelled. Nothing super great but remember that ebayers - try some "creative" spelling when on search. Amazing that people can't just look at the item for proper spelling. Use it to your advantage.

Heckuva find Buschman!
down technical blind alleys . . .
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Nice shot! I wish Cash Amer'ca Inc would just go title pawn themselves.

That thing needs paint. I know a guy. :)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Structo

Post by Structo »

NICE SCORE!

Love the ground wire to the bridge.

Some use a little brass strip to the pickup cavity.

I'm glad it has survived. :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
overtone

Post by overtone »

That fretboard on that boat paddle looks fantastic. It sets my fingers all itching just looking at it.
Back in 2010 I got real lucky with a '56 ES in a north TX pawn shop, but not as lucky as you. Congratulations.
tony