music to be interrogated by

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Leo_Gnardo

music to be interrogated by

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

CBC's "As It Happens" reported last evening (3 Feb) that Canadian industrial-rockers Skinny Puppy are upset their music has been used to entice prisoners at Guantanamo to spill the beans about nefarious anti-American activities. Just to show how pee'd off they are, the Pups have billed the US gummint for the figure of 666,000 dollars (US or Canadian, they didn't say.)

In order to prevent upsetting sensitive rock musicians in the future, shouldn't the US gummint find some musos who would be happy to have their music used in this way? I think a couple thousand plays of Ted Nugent's "Wango Tango" at 130 dB would get me to tell 'em everything I know, don't know, or could make up. And who would be more cooperative than the Nuge when it comes to torturing the "enemy."

So whaddaya think? What music would do the trick? Which musos would cooperate? And US troops who have to listen to all that racket - wouldn't that be another factor in PTSD development? Or does this fall under "cruel and unusual punishment?"

Goes back a way but an hourly play on AM radio of "MacArthur Park" almost drove me to insanity. BASTA! Go ahead, leave the dam' cake out in the rain, just please shaddup already!
down technical blind alleys . . .
eniam rognab

Re: music to be interrogated by

Post by eniam rognab »

beez in the trap by nicki minaj

good lord, that "backing track" of echoed clicks and bops is soul destruction at its finest

if you dare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZvOhHF85I

sorry, dont blame me :lol: :lol:

yo! meeean! :lol: :lol:
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

Bieber
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Skinny Puppy can keep dreaming. Nice try at press. That part worked. People hate the US government everywhere, but torture is fair use under license.

Skinny Puppy is a band I've never heard, on purpose.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Ang3lus

Post by Ang3lus »

Any Demi lovato or pitbull song

I think they mix the thing at +12db or something, their songs cause instant studio ear fatigue
VacuumVoodoo

Post by VacuumVoodoo »

Beethoven's 9th worked just fine in the Clockwork Orange.
Aleksander Niemand
------------------------
Life's a party but you get invited only once...
affiliation:TUBEWONDER AMPS
Zagray!-review
JoeCon

Post by JoeCon »

" Not Ludwig Von!"
In theory, theory is the same as practice. In practice it's different.
NickC

Post by NickC »

I don't like the PETA organization. But I think they should picket the Skinny Puppy ..... for causing mental pain-and-suffering, starvation, and defamation to puppy's and prisoners everywhere.

That said, I recall a news reports from long ago. A dude was cruising the Pacific Coast highway in his sports car listening to Wham! on the cassette deck. He failed to negotiate a turn, went over the guardrail, down an embankment, and was pinned under the car. The Wham! cassette continued to play, and play, and play, because the deck had auto-reverse to play both sides of the tape ...... forever. They dude later was rescued and told the medic he didn't know what he wanted more, to die or the battery to run down so that damned Wham! tape would stop.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

JoeCon wrote:" Not Ludwig Von!"
I know a couple of classical-music fans that detest composer Othmar Schoeck. One of 'em got a shirt with Schoeck's image on it, and the words "Wenn wir denken Othmar Schoeck, denken wir von hunden dreck" iow "When we think of Othmar Schoeck, we think of dog shite." Yeh maybe some OS symphonies would work for classically-oriented suspected terrorists, but somehow I doubt there are many of them. ;)

In order to chase local urchins off my property I've occasionally perched a very efficient JBL speaker in a window and given them an auto-repeat track or two from a terrific CD labeled "The Most Relaxing Violin Music in the World." But that falls more into the sonic warfare category. Works every time.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Neigbors built next door. They show up with outside dogs that bark all the time for no reason. I parked a 100w amp out back and set a guitar in a stand.

Numb. The dogs are numb. They whine when they hear guitar, but not loud enough to hear. Awww
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Reel, you are one sick puppy.
No wait! They were sick.............
No! Hold it! It was the puppys, no, the dogs, that...
But.....
Oh, never mind.
Play on.
NickC

Post by NickC »

Reeltarded wrote:Neigbors built next door. They show up with outside dogs that bark all the time for no reason. I parked a 100w amp out back and set a guitar in a stand.

Numb. The dogs are numb. They whine when they hear guitar, but not loud enough to hear. Awww

:lol:

You should file for a patent on that: Mutt Mute.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Reeltarded wrote:Neigbors built next door. They show up with outside dogs that bark all the time for no reason. I parked a 100w amp out back and set a guitar in a stand.

YUSSS! (Pumps both fists into the air overhead.) I bet the dogs' ears are still ringing. :twisted: And I won't be calling People Eating Tasty Animals to complain.

- - - - - -

Back to the original - Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" on auto-repeat might be a good choice. I think he did many of the tracks much the same way Miles set up his doggie-B-quiet rig.
Last edited by Leo_Gnardo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Structo

Post by Structo »

I think any heavy sub woofer rap music would cause the suspects to tear their ears off within the first hour of being exposed to it.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
NickC

Post by NickC »

Structo wrote:I think any heavy sub woofer rap music would cause the suspects to tear their ears off within the first hour of being exposed to it.
Manuel Noriega was the recipient of that treatment with I Fought The Law by the Clash repeated over and over at deafening levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Nifty_Package

I'm told the military have a sonic-warfare device that opens the sluices at both ends.