good news, bad news

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

eniam rognab

Re: good news, bad news

Post by eniam rognab »

thanks martin, its kind of a complicated story i know but I wasnt weaving through lanes, i was traveling straight, parallel to and between rail lines at street level, the car lane continued straight and the rail line curved under me to the left. i am splitting hairs here only because i am trying to determine what i could have done differently.....

i was highly surprised when i moved here that the train cars are traveling in the same lanes as street traffic, and i have been hearing all about how treacherous they are with local cyclists

just gonna have to detour and avoid like the plague!

oh and leo

i actually hate taking painkillers, they fuck with my stomach and usually i have bad experiences, plus i just dont like the feeling i guess, much rather use natural medicines, i have just a handful to get me through the next couple days, last time this kind of thing happened i flushed about half that they gave me!
NickC

Post by NickC »

eniam rognab wrote: ..... i flushed about half that they gave me!
You flushed them!?!?

That made me think of this:
HYMN # 365

A church minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, 'If I had all the beeeeeerrrr!!!!!!!! in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'

With even greater emphasis he said, 'And if I had All the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he Said, 'And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'

Sermon complete, he sat down..

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced With a smile, nearly laughing, 'For our closing song, Let us sing Hymn #365, 'Shall We Gather at the River.'

Laughter is the best medicine. Get well soon!
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

HAHAHAHA

thanks nick :lol: :lol: :lol:

going where the water tastes like wine, and beer and whiskey!!
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

eniam rognab wrote:...but I wasnt weaving through lanes, i was traveling straight, parallel to and between rail lines at street level, the car lane continued straight and the rail line curved under me to the left. i am splitting hairs here only because i am trying to determine what i could have done differently.....
No you misunderstand me- it's the construction practice I'm saying is at fault. If the rails meander across lanes that is very dangerous. You are riding straight and then through no fault of your own you are crossing a rail at a very oblique angle. Bad situation right there. I think I would lodge a complaint with the city.
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

you are right i reread what you wrote :oops: :oops:

i am all loopy now im sorry, thanks for being in my corner, i had considered maybe some legal counsel on this matter, especially since it seems to be occurring frequently in these parts

thank you to everybody for giving your views on these matters and congratulating my new position. i really appreciate all of you :D
drew

Post by drew »

Never a good idea to be on two wheels (or four, for that matter) during the first good storm for months - - all the accumulated grease and grime on the streets gets whipped up into a slippery film and spreads all over the road.

Congrats on the job.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Ouch! Let's hope the recovery goes smoother than the injury.. stunt monkey.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

im learning all kinds of stuff today!

like: stairs, getting off the toilet seat, moving a glass of water across a room

my whole body hurts, im afraid to go to sleep...
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Sleeping's fine - it's when you wake up that the real shit happens.
Be well, heal soon & look after yourself.
Why Aye Man
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

I missed what bike you had. If it's a Harley with fuel injection they do that when you lay them down. You have to turn the ignition off/on/off and wait about 30 seconds before starting. I don't know why and I won't tell you how I know.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

skyboltone wrote:I missed what bike you had. If it's a Harley with fuel injection they do that when you lay them down. You have to turn the ignition off/on/off and wait about 30 seconds before starting. I don't know why and I won't tell you how I know.
hey im not asking :lol:

2001 Honda Shadow VT750, not sure what the fuel system is

would be good to know the trick in case i am wiped out in the middle of the road again :roll: :oops:
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

Congrats on the new gig! Sucks about the accident, get well brother!

Mark
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Bangor born myself, a few...um...years ago.
Heal fast brother!
"All you big and burly truckers..................................."
kkregsg

Post by kkregsg »

I lived in Breckenridge for a couple of years back in 1981-1983. A single guy in a ski town, with a real job! Back before it went so mondo condo. Good memories.

Hope you heal quickly, and congrats on the employment.
It's a guitar amplifier. How hard can it be?
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Teleguy61 wrote: "All you big and burly truckers..................................."
Is that "Tombstone Every Mile"? Not many Maine songs, that's a good 'un!
down technical blind alleys . . .