Let it Snow!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Structo

Let it Snow!

Post by Structo »

I know you guys in the south and the east have been getting hammered these last few weeks but it rarely snows much here in the valley.

It has been very cold here, 19-25F during the day.

I think it started Tuesday and snowed for several days.
We got about 12" or so total.
Pretty dry snow which is another rarity here.
Our dogs love it!

[img:800:600]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-m0qT ... G_1346.JPG[/img]

[img:800:600]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0nya ... G_1349.JPG[/img]

[img:800:600]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5b2A ... G_1362.JPG[/img]

Video

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3048a0kaxm3l ... I_1339.AVI[/img]Image
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
NickC

Re: Let it Snow!

Post by NickC »

It has been so cold here, for so long, that the air in my car tires shrunk in half. It was probably mostly summer-time air in there, which never lasts. I keep topping them off with the air compressor, but it doesn't seem to hold proper pressure very long. I wonder if I inflated them with cryogenically treated air they'd hold a steady 30 psi better?
Structo

Post by Structo »

Are you using a Dumble enhanced tire pump?
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

NickC wrote:It has been so cold here, for so long, that the air in my car tires shrunk in half. It was probably mostly summer-time air in there, which never lasts. I keep topping them off with the air compressor, but it doesn't seem to hold proper pressure very long. I wonder if I inflated them with cryogenically treated air they'd hold a steady 30 psi better?

I know just what you mean and it happens to me too. There's that old joke about the dishonest mechanic who charges old ladies to change out summer air for winter air but it's true, the inflation pressure drops all by itself, and what's worse, a tiny bit of leakage at the bead & there goes even more pressure. My resident expert mechanics agree with Click n Clack the car guys. Get some of that Fix-a-Flat, dose each tire on a warm day (if you get one), drive a couple miles immediately to let it slosh around, and that gunk will probably hold the bead seal tight. I haven't done it yet but soon come...

In 4-5-6 months we'll be wishing we could have a cool day...
down technical blind alleys . . .
NickC

Post by NickC »

Structo wrote:Are you using a Dumble enhanced tire pump?
I can't afford one. I'd have to sell the car, and everything else, to afford a Dumble tire pump.

Nope, all I got is a Silvertone ....... er, Sears tire pump.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Beautiful, happy dogs Tom.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Ha! Those dogs look like they are having fun. Some big dumper you're having! I see you have a doxie. My dear departed Frankie was thoroughly flumoxed the first time we had a deep snow. I guess that comes with being only 6" high. (OTOH she used to walk under furniture that wasn't intended to be walked under.) After that, whenever it snowed, I'd shovel out a path and a little patch on the the front lawn, down to the grass, so she could find a good spot to go. Jacket weather for sure. Glad to see you've got a proper bun for him/her and your other small one.

It is another unseasonably cold day here in the east and we had a bit of white stuff to go with it. I will be very glad to see springtime this year.
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Teleguy61 wrote:Beautiful, happy dogs Tom.
We blame George W Bush.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
kkregsg

Post by kkregsg »

Our boxer pup took one or two trips outside to figure out he loved the snow. Then he wanted to go out every hour to go bonkers locating his ball, batting it under the snow, finding it again, and run around like a lunatic. Dogs make life a lot more fun. And humorous.
It's a guitar amplifier. How hard can it be?
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

As long as there's not too much ice on the roads I'm good with the snow. We've got tons - hasn't gotten a chance to melt between snows. And like many here, it hasn't gotten above freezing in some time and doesn't look like it's going to soon.

Working out in my tiny shop for long gets my fingers & toes to aching but other than that it's okay. Neighbor's dogs are Loving it!
rhardman

Post by rhardman »

Nice "Pack" Tom!

we are close to breaking records here for cold. -3 right now.
As for snow…in the top ten historically.

I even caught a case of 'walking pneumonia.' A side effect of the radiation side effects.

We have added another English Shepherd Rescue to our pack. That make three.

The dogs are keeping me semi-sane. I honestly don't know what I would do without them.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Good lookin canines.snowed again here last night :x

Not very good moving weather
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

You guys to the south are getting the most snow. We are getting 3 or 4 inches every 3 or 4 days of light dry snow. It has been the relentless cold and wind up here that is very tiring. Tonight is supposed to be -13F. Finally they are beginning to predict temps in the teens!
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

cbass wrote:Good lookin canines.snowed again here last night :x

Not very good moving weather
It ALWAYS does that when it's time to move. The world is programmed to do that. Weird eh?
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.