Just had a tube inserted into my eardrum yesterday

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

Re: Just had a tube inserted into my eardrum yesterday

Post by skyboltone »

xtian wrote:I am digging my new in-ears from 1964ears. Took me years to justify the expense, but as you say, hearing.
n So who did the ear molds? Costco won't do them and I've never checked elsewhere. I wonder if an MD type otologist or ENT can do ear molds?
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
xtian

Post by xtian »

@JoeCon, actually, Caterwaul was one of my favorite 90s bands.

@NickC, no, just drummer and me at this point.

@Skyboltone, my local audiologist does impressions for $25. Cheap! Look for hearing aid centers/offices. They do a ton of these. They gave me the impressions and I mailed them to 1964ears.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
beasleybodyshop

Post by beasleybodyshop »

Smokebreak wrote:
beasleybodyshop wrote:
In all seriousness, I have had fluid behind my ear since last october. It felt like someone draped a blanket over my left ear
I feel your pain buddy. I had to get a tube in my left ear about 4 months ago due to the same blockage. I always had ear infections as a kid, but they stopped decades ago, only to come back with a vengeance a couple years ago. This last time my eardrum exploded in the middle of the night, which normally actually relieves the pain, but all the fluid still wouldn't drain, and I spent about 3 mo with the biggest "conjunctive filter" in my left ear. As you know it can be quite emotionally taxing too when it's hard to keep up with conversation, and grow tired of saying "What?" . So, it was tube time, once again. In my case, I've got Estaucian tube dysfunction, coupled with severe allergies , that cause the fluid buildup in the first place. Now I'm on allergy drops, which is the modern, more pleasant alternative to the shots. Life is great now, and I can hear what my amps sound like again, albeit with a fucking hole in my eardrum ;)
My point is, I hope you get to the bottom of what caused the buildup in the first place, as it can act up again , at any age. Oh yea flying is a breeze(literally) with tubes, if you ever had that knife in the ear feeling at 10,000 ft.
Sounds like you grew up in East Texas too. The mold and fungus out that way is a nightmare for people with allergy problems.

"Emotionally taxing" is the best word to describe it. People get frustrated with having to repeat themselves, probably thinking your an idiot. lol. I know it bothers my fiancee, but she would never tell me because she knows how I feel about it.

Have you tried SinusRinse? Company called NielMed makes it, you can get it at most drug stores/CVS, etc. I use it twice a day and it makes all the difference in the world for my sinuses, plus clears out any pollen/mold/etc you might have breathed in during the day.

Allergy drops? Please explain. i wish i had drops. I took five years of that allergy immunotherapy as a kid and it didn't do a damn thing except force me to carry a epi-pen around.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."