Skiing on the edge of it.

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

Skiing on the edge of it.

Post by skyboltone »

A buddy of mine owns this hell-ski operation in Alaska. Or, his family does anyway. He works there half a year and hangs out in Tahoe the other half. Poor fucker.

Anyway. They just did a project with High 5s foundation. Once you've broken your neck there is absolutely nothing left to worry about. Right? Take a look here:
http://vimeo.com/92103318
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
cbass

Re: Skiing on the edge of it.

Post by cbass »

Very cool and inspirational
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Makes me kinda ashamed about how much I whine and complain about getting old. That's one tough guy.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

hey, that was really great, thanks!

reminds me of my time as a lift operator at breckenridge ski resort. we were trained to assist the sit-skiers, slow down the lift and pull them on from behind. there were so many that told us that they were fine, dont slow the lift.

these werent rinky-dink chair lifts either, those guys and gals would pop up on their special poles and let the chair pick them up like it was nothing, at full speed, absolutely amazing,

then of course a perfectly able tourist would come right behind them and get all fucked up, skis/poles/hats/gloves everywhere, errmahgerrd you have no idea the things i saw!! :lol: :lol:

but yeah, people are amazing, and its great that he can do the things that he loves
kkregsg

Post by kkregsg »

Eniam- I lived in Breck from 12/80 through 9/83, first downtown and then up on Peak 7. I loved that place. I'd probably still be there if they'd invented cheap mountain bikes a year or two sooner.

I figured out how many days I'd probably ski, and gave them the money up front for a season pass. Took my skis and boots to work and hopped the free shuttle bus up to the hill and skied for lunch. An unmarried guy with a good job in a ski area- this my friends is what heaven looks like.

I lived around 10,500 feet, drove a 4 wheel Subaru wagon, and always had a tow chain to pull the tourists out of the snowbanks, for free, of course.