The eagles on tour

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jestaudio

The eagles on tour

Post by jestaudio »

Just got in from seeing the Eagles at B'ham NEC, got to say a major disappointment after hearing many rave about them, very lacklustre first half with out of tune guitars at time, very poor mixing( can't blame the band for that), second half certainly better especially when Joe finally cut loose and gave it some welly.
I was not the only one to think the show was,nt as good as it should be with folk leaving after the first half.
Real pity as I have been a huge Eagles fan for a number of years and particularly been a fan of Joe Walsh who was the highlight of the evening with some great chops
vibratoking

Re: The eagles on tour

Post by vibratoking »

I imagine it's hard not to be disappointed after coughing up the dough they are charging. :P
jestaudio

Post by jestaudio »

vibratoking wrote:I imagine it's hard not to be disappointed after coughing up the dough they are charging. :P
£250.00 for 2 tickets plus another £50 in parking and drinks, yep im peeved
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

That's a shame. The thing is no one is what they were 30 or 40 years on, but at least you can now say you saw them live. When I was younger I saw some of the jazz and blues greats when they were getting on, and of course they're all gone now. Seems like there are a number of acts of this age out there now, trying to make a buck (or a quid) on their now well-heeled fan base.
KellyBass

Post by KellyBass »

That IS a shame...a very expensive shame. The highlight of an eagles show for me was the "chops battle" between Walsh and Don Felder. Absolute monsters, both of them. But, Felder is history now. I highly recommend viewing the recent showtime film "History of the Eagles". Fascinating stuff.
This message has been printed using 100% recycled electrons.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

jestaudio wrote:very lacklustre first half with out of tune guitars at time, very poor mixing( can't blame the band for that)
Yes you can. Blame the band and their management for hiring lousy techs and mixers. It's done a lot, to keep more $$ in the pockets of management and major brand-name band members. "The crowd will remember the SPECTACLE long after they've forgotten the second-rate sound." Actual quote from a big rock star - who ought to know better. But, that's the biz.
down technical blind alleys . . .
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

ive seen plenty of eagles, growing up in maine and in colorado. even saw one of those golden eagles, cant remember where.... maybe cali....

"hey man, i've had a really hard day and HATE the fucking eagles!"

as far as the band goes, if i dont have anything nice to say, rather listen to tom waits sing that song........

saw an interview with joe walsh a few months ago and he didn't seem to be "there," save your money
Structo

Post by Structo »

Sometimes things are best remembered. :wink:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

We saw Peter Frampton for the first time in 2002 and he was just as good if not better than he was in the mid '70s when I first started listening to him.
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
Structo

Post by Structo »

Did he still have his hair? :lol:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

Yessir,
Had a guitar strap braided from it. :twisted:

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Just saw Steuart Smith with Rodney Crowell a couple of weeks ago and he absolutely killed, great playing.
Saw him with the (hugely overpriced) Eagles several years ago, and he and Joe were excellent.
I was working at the show so I didn't have to pay. Their tix prices are ridiculous, as a poster above said, it just shows that there are lot of people with too much disposable income.
But, you know, the current American curse is that people love displays of arrogance.
Used to be that turned people off, not no mo'.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Structo wrote: Did he still have his hair?
LeeMo wrote:Yessir,
Had a guitar strap braided from it. :twisted:
PF's answer from the '92 tour "If people come to the show to see my hair they came for the wrong reason." :razz:

Sounds sensible enough.

And he's had a LOT of time to practice.
down technical blind alleys . . .
rdjones

Post by rdjones »

Structo wrote:Did he still have his hair? :lol:
[img:600:600]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FIOB ... ampton.jpg[/img]
Ricky Skaggs w/ Frampton and Paisley, this past Nov.
Peter played through a Matchless.

rd
ampmike

Eagles

Post by ampmike »

I saw them when I was 14 at Nassua Colisium,That was almost 40 yrs ago.Those were the good ol days.The guitars were lined up on stage like soilders.Even had a Gretch CG just like the one I had.They were smokin then.Glad to remember them from the 70"s,Mikey