Copper River Salmon

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Copper River Salmon

Post by LeftyStrat »

I'm in serious heaven right now. Even us transplants to the Great Northwest learn quickly why the locals go crazy over this.

Northeaster's have their lobster and yes I miss it. But the Salmon makes up for the loss, especially the Copper River Salmon. Sixteen bucks a pound and worth every ounce.

In the words of a great master, "Great Googly Moogly."
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
cbass

Re: Copper River Salmon

Post by cbass »

SOunds tastey We aint got none of that here .So do you go out there with the bears and grab em out of the stream?
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

cbass wrote:SOunds tastey We aint got none of that here .So do you go out there with the bears and grab em out of the stream?
Line up with the bears at the fish store, and fish $16 out of your wallet for every pound.

I can imagine Lefty out there in the river, swattin' big salmon right out of the water, WHACK, CHOMP, mmmm good who needs to cook 'em. Cbass, you oughta be joining him. What a scene!
down technical blind alleys . . .
cbass

Post by cbass »

I think I'll stick to bass fishin. Google eye is my favorite fish to eat.We don't have lobsters but we gots crawdads that grow up to foot.
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
billyz

Post by billyz »

I grew up in Alaska and we would take the long trip to Chitna to dip net for those Copper River Salmon. I love Salmon, Reds, Silvers, and especially Kings. I miss the big summer outdoor Salmon bakes. Kind of like BBQ in the south.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I was in Whole Foods today. They have Copper River Salmon for $30/lb. You got a bargain at $16!. I won't be sampling it.
gui_tarzan

Post by gui_tarzan »

Just watch for western salmon that glow as the radioactive waters start moving inland.
--Jim

"He's like a new set of strings, he just needs to be stretched a bit."
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Over in this corner of the world, many years ago when atlantic salmon was in abundance, the farm hands at farms that had good salmon rivers, had in their sort of contract - "Salmon no more than 4 days a week....." :D
RWood

Post by RWood »

Leo_Gnardo wrote:Line up with the bears at the fish store, and fish $16 out of your wallet for every pound.
It would be easier fishing with bears than trying to try to find $16 in my wallet these days!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

RWood wrote:
Leo_Gnardo wrote:Line up with the bears at the fish store, and fish $16 out of your wallet for every pound.
It would be easier fishing with bears than trying to try to find $16 in my wallet these days!
Roger THAT! But my fuzzy friend here, he's hungry. . . "did somebody mention Copper River Salmon? Grrr, my tummy's growling."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
down technical blind alleys . . .
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

billyz wrote:I grew up in Alaska and we would take the long trip to Chitna to dip net for those Copper River Salmon. I love Salmon, Reds, Silvers, and especially Kings. I miss the big summer outdoor Salmon bakes. Kind of like BBQ in the south.
My wife's uncle put 66lbs in the freezer from Chitna last year. As much as I love Copper River Reds I gotta say that Halibut pleases me more. The other favorite is line caught Cook Inlet Kings right out of the water and into the hot smoke the same morning is about as close to heaven as life on earth gets.

Dan
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Structo

Post by Structo »

We love salmon!

The Copper River stuff is good but over priced.

We get the Steel Head Fillet's at Costco.

$6.99/ lb

I grill it with olive oil, garlic and some seasoning.
Fresh Basil is also great on it.

Tastes as good as any other salmon.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
beasleybodyshop

Post by beasleybodyshop »

Man that sounds good. I think the only thing that grows in the Trinity here in Dallas is mutant channel cat. lol. Or 100 pound alligator gar.

On that note, reminds me of a story my old man told me. Said they used to fish for big alligator gar by fraying the end of a big rope, and tying off a bunch of hooks to it, then they would dip the hooked end into some kind of bait, toss the whole bit over a tree and into the river. When they landed one, they would haul it over the tree and beat it to death with baseball bats. Said they were a nuisance fish. lol.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
billyz

Post by billyz »

I ate alligator once. They told me it tasted like chicken.
Sure enough, tasted like alligator.