SUMMER NAMM 2014

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

RCGPNY1

SUMMER NAMM 2014

Post by RCGPNY1 »

Went to the NAMM show on Saturday, the 19th. Not too many amp
makers. It was my opportunity to see Andy Fuchs as this is the only time I get to see him after I moved out of Long Island(just before Sandy hit).
It was a nice visit and I got to see and hear the bass cabs I co-designed with him.
rdjones

Re: SUMMER NAMM 2014

Post by rdjones »

RCGPNY1 wrote:Went to the NAMM show on Saturday, the 19th. Not too many amp
makers. It was my opportunity to see Andy Fuchs as this is the only time I get to see him after I moved out of Long Island(just before Sandy hit).
It was a nice visit and I got to see and hear the bass cabs I co-designed with him.
Oh, do you mean Andy the arrogant smooth talking conman, or the passive aggressive lying thief ?
Glad I didn't go, I probably would have got arrested.

RedDog Steve
Nashville, TN
RCGPNY1

Post by RCGPNY1 »

rdjones wrote: Oh, do you mean Andy the arrogant smooth talking conman, or the passive aggressive lying thief ?

RedDog Steve
Nashville, TN[/quote
I totally resent what you said...I have know Andy for over 30 years and he is neither of those things...BTW who the F**k are you?
cbass

Post by cbass »

rdjones wrote:
RCGPNY1 wrote:Went to the NAMM show on Saturday, the 19th. Not too many amp
Oh, do you mean Andy the arrogant smooth talking conman, or the passive aggressive lying thief ?

RedDog Steve
Nashville, TN
Damn dude.I take it you still haven't got your order
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
Structo

Post by Structo »

rdjones wrote: Oh, do you mean Andy the arrogant smooth talking conman, or the passive aggressive lying thief ?

RedDog Steve
Nashville, TN
Huh :?:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

For everyone's perspective: This vitriolic post is over a single, simple, used, Music Man amp badge.

This person was sent a set of badges he deemed unacceptable and/or incorrect. He returned them and I told him "as soon as I get the proper badges on an incoming mod amp, they will be shipped to you". Unfortunately, I've not as yet gotten an amp in with the exact proper badges matching the picture I asked him to send. Pure and simple.

Maybe you should calm down, be thankful you only sent a few bucks to an honorable nice guy like me and not one of the many so-called amp builders who took significantly larger amounts of innocent people's money and then fell off the face of the earth. Had you come to NAMM, I'd have bought you a beer apologized and handed you a cash refund.

[/i]
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Andy, guys, on a lighter note, did you like the Harper Guitars? Just curious... I'm winding the pickups for him and wondered if you heard any of them.

Tony
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Jacob is a really nice guy and builds a very unique guitar in a few cool styles.

At a show that was the usual sea of personality free Lester/Strat/T-copies, he's got a unique look that's different without being cheesy, the workmanship is excellent and they play great ! I saw Zexcoils in many of them, which is cool as they are excellent.

Cool that you are working with him too. Can't have too many options and tonal flavors !

FWIW: We traded amps and guitars so each of our booths helped the other.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
Structo

Post by Structo »

I for one would love to see pics and comments about the show. :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
RCGPNY1

Post by RCGPNY1 »

Lots of pics on Premier Guitars website. Not too many amp manufacturers. One amp company that stoo out for me was Jackson
ampworks(nothing to do with Lee jacson). He had a few different kinds of amps...not a stinker in the bunch...I played and amp called the Britian 3.0 Pentode ef86 channel and 12ax7 channel, plus the ability to combine them,,,sounded very sweet and it's voice and distortion characteristics were
extremely musical...the amp was very responsive, although in that respect I am currently being spoiled by my RJ Lerpoole 15 watter.