The End of 18Watt.com

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Dana-L

Re: The End of 18Watt.com

Post by Dana-L »

drhulsey wrote:I'll add my thanks to those who shared their expertise with all of us who are less knowledgeable.
Me too.

I'm extremely grateful to the folks who so generously share their knowledge, experience and enthusiasm.

The good news is that a bunch of them hang here, too. :)

-Dana
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Let's just make sure that Mooreamps doesn't get an account here!! :shock:

That guy needs a serious dose of humility!!!!

No need to have him muck up another forum. How many is that for him anyway?
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
Buschman

Post by Buschman »

:cry:
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

All I can say is....wow! I browsed that place at least twice a day. :( I will miss it.

I never expected this. I certainly hope they make the 18 watt information available on the new SE site.
Raja

Post by Raja »

This is really a shame. I got so much out of that site, I'm sure going to miss it. I'd only been a member for one year but was able to build two amps in that time, which wouldn't have happened other wise. I would like to say a big thanks to the Admin and Moderators of 18watt for all the hard work and effort they put into running that site, it will be missed.
Thanks
Raja
gtrcollectr

Post by gtrcollectr »

s2 wrote:
I think the BBQ Boy incident really put a bad taste in the mod's mouths
S2 - What was the BBQ boy incident......?

I just tried to log on and thought that there was in issue with the site.......damn that sucks. I asked and received lots of info there.

Todd
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

gtrcollectr wrote:
s2 wrote:
I think the BBQ Boy incident really put a bad taste in the mod's mouths
S2 - What was the BBQ boy incident......?

I just tried to log on and thought that there was in issue with the site.......damn that sucks. I asked and received lots of info there.

Todd
An 18watt member that also sold kits (PCB kits for a hint) allegedly badmouthed BBQ kits on the forum. BBQ got pissed off and sent his attorneys after the 18watt for allowing this to happen. The sight was down for over a week because of the fiasco.
gtrcollectr

Post by gtrcollectr »

That sucks I had been following the Moore amps posts and that guy needs his ego put in check to.

End of an era...... :(
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

gtrcollectr wrote:That sucks I had been following the Moore amps posts and that guy needs his ego put in check to.

End of an era...... :(
Yeah Mr. Moore needs a serious kick in the head or 12!! He needs to chill out, learn how to play guitar, then learn what good tone really means. His amp clips were pretty bad, but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, when you have an acidic personality like his, it's hard to back away and take the high road.

Anyway to block him from getting an account here?

It's a shame he shares his name with a great guitarist (Gary).
Beerman

Post by Beerman »

It's morning here now, first order of business when I roll into work is to quickly browse 18watt, it's usually interesting, however the attitudes have got a bit ugly there lately (see the power scaling - GM18 fiasco, and related arrogance), I hope that this isn't what shut it.

To the Mods and Admin volunteers from 18Watt, I want to say Thanks.... I have learnt a lot, I appreciate the resource you made available, and I'm sad that you felt it had run it's course.... Hope to see you 'round...

Post by UR12 »

I truly think Mr. Moore is a fake. The only thing he proved to me was that he couldn't answer one technical question I put to him without going off on a tangent or pussy footing around the question without answering the question. I think he found a bunch of stuff on the web somewhere and tried it in an amp and then made himself out to be some brain that was on a level far above anyone else on the planet. The guy has some serious problems when it comes to society and fitting in. S2 would have proven his stuff would not work as advertised if he had gotten the chance to follow through with his proposed tests. I just got tired of listening to his crap and gave up trying to make heads or tales of his double talk.
mhuss

Post by mhuss »

It's kind of like having to wash other folks' dishes every day for years -- after a while you just get tired of it. It wasn't any one thing, just a general weariness on the part of all the mods -- and complete lack of interest in anything VJ. :roll:

--mark
RML

Post by RML »

Well, makes me really glad I read as much of the archived forums as I did...

What other forums do the more knowledgeable 18watt cats hang out in?

I only belonged there, here, and brown-note. I'm sure some of us would appreciate knowing where the mods and folks like ZP hang out otherwise.
tubetek

Post by tubetek »

I first encountered Dr Phil on AX84.com a few years back; He designed the P1eXtreme featured there. He and some of the others can be found there, also www.hoffmanamps.com and now, hopefully here!
R.I.P 18WATT.COM
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

ZP is a regular at :
http://ax84.com

LeeMo