The End of 18Watt.com

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampdan

Re: The End of 18Watt.com

Post by ampdan »

Mr. dB wrote:
gtrwun wrote:
Mr. dB Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the post-Diaspora world, this board seems to have the largest concentration of knowledgable familiar faces from 18W. However, the focus here seems to be on high-gain amps, something I have zero interest in.
Good to see you Mr db......and all the others from 18. I totally understand your sentiments regarding the high gain amps, although I love them. This place seems to be a wide open book in terms of what it could be......I mean, with a name like the Amp Garage.....anything seems possible. Maybe enough people will migrate here to start a new area for the wonderful 18watt that brought so many good people together? Steve :)
Thanks. And point well taken.

Perhaps, instead of a specific 18W section, maybe an area for vintage-style amps in general? Surely I can't be the only old fart left who finds Tremolo to be a more useful feature than a Master Volume? :)
I agree, the focus on high gain amps is the reason I have so few posts. A vintage and/or 18 watt section is a great idea.
908ssp

Post by 908ssp »

I think you guys need to look in the mirror....because Graydon got threatened with a lawsuit for something YOU said on his board. :x

And you have the gall to blame him for protecting himself and his family...you should be ashamed. :(
Alex
TheCageWreck and Glaswerks SOD100
tomrasdf

Post by tomrasdf »

jaysg wrote:Gabi, Graydon, and the rest of the mods put up with a lot of crap for a long time. Please cut him some slack.
I second that. I don't think the mods get nearly enough credit for what they do. I doesn't seem like they don't get any more benefit from these forums than anyone else, and yet they have to keep house and clean up our messes. And, as we've just seen, if someone gets hurt at their party, their ass is liable. I think it's a fantastic, admirable act of service to the community. I know after it becomes a part of your daily routine, it can be easy to take for granted, but the fact that these guys are there keeping the show running deserves a serious round of applause.
"In this world you will find hardship and trials; but take heart, for I have conqured the world."
John 16:33
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Ok folks. Let's get real here. Graydon, Gabi, Mark H., and the rest of the mods put their hard work, $$$, and time into hosting the 18watt.com site and put up with a lot of BS they should not have encountered. It's really easy to sit back and play arm chair quarterback, but not so easy when it's you calling the plays in the heat of battle. It really is their option to do whatever they want with that site, because they are carrying to burden of it.

If they want to pass the torch to someone else, great. I've already asked about that and would be willing to pitch in.

If they want to kill it in favor of doing the sewatt.com, that's their call.

Am I miffed that the site stopped operating as usual. Yes. But that is my feeling/opinion. It just isn't my decision or anyone else's who's complaining here as to what becomes of the 18watt.com.

Thanks to Graydon, Gabi, Bill, Mark H., and the rest for creating such a wonderful place to hang out and exchange amp ideas and tech info. I had lots of fun and learned a ton.

Cheers!
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
spankenstrat

Post by spankenstrat »

I am sorry to see 18 watt forum shut down. :cry: I really enjoyed browsing through all the ideas, thoughts, and projects. Some of these guys are EXTREMELY talented. From the way I see it, there is a lot of positivity being put usunder by a few negative actions.
Why is it that there just has to be some "A" Hole who has to muck things up for everyone else. Just like at work. One clown screws up and every one gets punished.

I thank the Mods who put their time and effort into the forum. I hate to see Mark D tribute dissappear too. seems like such a shame.

Please bring it back up guys!!?? (ROTF crying out of control) If it was something I did, I'll never do it again! I promise!
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

dartanion wrote:Ok folks. Let's get real here. Graydon, Gabi, Mark H., and the rest of the mods put their hard work, $$$, and time into hosting the 18watt.com site and put up with a lot of BS they should not have encountered. It really is their option to do whatever they want with that site, because they are carrying to burden of it.
I second that :!: 18watt.com wasn't something we were guaranteed or deserved. It was a bonus– a gift, if you will, from Graydon, Gabi, and Mark H. We all enjoyed it and gained from it, but a very few abused it. Like the song says we didn't "realize what you've got 'til it's gone" :cry: I'm as sad as anyone and would love to see it preserved/revived. If it is, we ALL need to remember how much we missed it and act appropriately :!:
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
Dana-L

Post by Dana-L »

There's a message at 18watt indicating that it will be coming back on line!

:)

-Dana
Beerman

Post by Beerman »

:) :)

Oooooohhhhhhh Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!

8)

Post by jimipage »

Alexo

Post by Alexo »

BBQLS1

Post by BBQLS1 »

dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
smokin' tone

Post by smokin' tone »