807 Beer Beam Power Tube

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Cantplay

Re: 807 Beer Beam Power Tube

Post by Cantplay »

Might want to look at the RCA MI-12188A.

John
Do not limit yourself to what others think is reasonable or possible.

www.johnchristou.com
billyz

Post by billyz »

Cantplay wrote:Might want to look at the RCA MI-12188A.

John
Ooohh, tube regulated screen supply. Nice.
But where's the beer tap?
rp

Post by rp »

billyz wrote:Ooohh, tube regulated screen supply. Nice.
But where's the beer tap?
No beer tap on this one though it holds 4 pints! It's got a built in cigarette lighter however, unless that's the 40W! resistor to the regulators. And it's mono - that's the choke! No Energy Star rating for this sucker!

Now where do I get some nice formal dress anode hats like in the pict, in case i want to take my 807s to the opera?

Thanks cantplay that was a fun detour on google images.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cliff Schecht

Post by Cliff Schecht »

I like the 807 a lot. My dad is a ham so we keep a healthy supply of old American 807's and 1625's around.

Not sure where the stuff about American ones sounding bad is coming from. They are literally 6L6's with a plate cap. The 6GB6 is the same deal, 6L6 structure with a plate cap. They all sound just like 6L6's to me. Most all of my old 807's are 40's and 50's war surplus and manufactured by RCA (with the older style logo) so they're using the same quality of materials as any other RCA black plate 6L6's. I am not aware of Holland, Britain or any other country making these tubes, they really were meant for smallish radio transmitters and also work extremely well in this application up to they're max operating frequency. The circuits there are typically grounded grid configurations and are an interesting study themselves.

I hope I wasn't missing some sarcasm somewhere but I do enjoy using these tubes myself. I built adapters that let me drop them into any 6L6 amp that they'll fit in but they're quite tall with the adapters and plate cap so you have to accommodate space accordingly or they won't even try to fit.
Cliff Schecht - Circuit P.I.
rp

Post by rp »

I am not aware of Holland, Britain or any other country making these tubes,
Cliff, go back and look at BillyZ's first post and open the link - I did and thought it was just a datasheet first time around, second time I looked closer :lol:
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

Do they make them in dark amber glass? Clear and green glass make beer go "skunky" from the light.

LeeMo
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,