D'jya-eat-yet?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Lousyatit

Re: D'jya-eat-yet?

Post by Lousyatit »

Thanks for posting that. "“These men here before you,” says Fratesi, “are sitting around telling the same lies their fathers told in these same chairs 30 years before.”", I read this and couldn't stop laughing. I love the South, but then again, I am of the South and unreconstructed as well. You fellas bitchin' about Savannah, been to Charleston lately? What a cluster fuck!
drew

Post by drew »

LeeMo wrote:Nixon Maddox
LOL, what middle name did the parents hang on that poor kid? Faubus? BullConnor?
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

Reeltarded wrote:No Ron, I mean the whole area.

I eat at Love's. They brought it back from the dead. Best seafood for 100 miles in any direction, including east! That is saying something. I will have to look closely for the place you are talking about. It has to be the corner with the Longhorn and the Applebees.. :)

They have ruined Savannah completely, and RCH is a freakish mess as well. Southern hospitality has a funny accent these days, and it's angry.
Wow, it was very rural and deeply southern when I lived there (1993-1999). I had good friends on the river and the fishing and shrimping were amazing. So good that I refuse to eat shrimp here in North TX 'cause it's been badly frozen and who knows how many days old.

As I recall, Loves's had the best fried shrimp on the planet. Glad to hear it's still a going concern. Are the Forest Gump / Rt. 17 bridge remains still there in front?

Anyway, to find Mitchell's, head out east on 144 towards the end of the peninsula for probably 8 miles, past the road to Fort McAlester down to Belfast Keller Rd. Turn right on it and down roughly a quarter mile on the left is Mitchell's. If it's stil there.

I'm sure that I would be appalled at the development, it used to be so old school charming. Where in GA do,you live?
Ron
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

cbass wrote:I'm replacing hospitality with a boot to the head . Im Tired of my culture being mocked then destroyed .I miss going to the station and getting a ham sandwich with homegrown mater's. I just need one more prick to move here and tell me how much it suxks .why in the hell are you here then? it was a lot better before you got here. Oh I guess it'd be better if we had an Applebee's
Hence the term "Damned Yankee" 'cause they stayed. Couldn't agree with you more. Head back to where you came from if ya don't like it. In fact, do so even if you do!!
Ron
RWood

Post by RWood »

Joined the Marine Corps and left the South.
Drive-by shootings and drug gangs chased me out of So. Cal.
Burned out leftover hippies, Greenies, and rain chased me out of Oregon.
High cost of living and urban sprawl chased me out of Northern Virginia.

Ended back in south where food is better... and cousins are prettier.
If it don't get hot and glow, I don't want it !
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Ron Worley wrote: I'm sure that I would be appalled at the development, it used to be so old school charming. Where in GA do,you live?

Savannah, lil country in the city about 4 miles from the corner of everything. Bay Street looks like International blvd in Orlando now. Chain, Chain, Chain, Chains for fools. Ruths Chris moved in and all the pubs closed. Mrs. Wilkes is the last thing on Earth not owned by a soft drink corporation.

SCAD is malignant, turns out.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
LeeMo

Post by LeeMo »

Drew wrote: [/quote]LOL, what middle name did the parents hang on that poor kid? Faubus? BullConnor?

Bennard ( I called him "Barnyard" ) His dad is "Big Nixon" and he is still known as "Little Nixon" to all of the old ladies around. Good people . Salt of the earth.[/quote]
I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer the other day. I dunno what he laced them with but I’ve been tripping all day,
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Reeltarded wrote: Ruths Chris moved in and all the pubs closed.
Whaaaa? How many Savannah people can afford $75 steaks with a $12 potato and $12 spinach? Those pirates would charge ya $10 for a shot glass of tap water. Plus tip and tax.
down technical blind alleys . . .
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

People from Hilton Head, we have doctors, and aerospace, and a convention center across the river in South Carolina.

Downtown was given away to a private art school as it hit the courthouse steps in tax default. We have the dumbest series of council members, ever, anywhere. They are the most corrupted city government ever to give themselves anything at any cost. 11/12ths are tech school city government graduates.

It's worse than the federal government. When the local money is gone they just annex more counties. That's over unless we go to war with other city-states, or South Carolina. We also have a gulag style parking services. If you park in a parking place with a meter and still have time showing it means nothing. There have been hundreds of complaints by visitors that got $75 tickets with time left on the meters.

It's Detroit. It just doesn't know it yet. (and a stick of butter)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

DON'T YOU KNOCK DETROIT!!!
Ummm...
OK go ahead.
:lol:
Why Aye Man
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

:oops:

I meant "Detraight"... in umm.. Illinois. Damned spell chec.
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

The city govt was totally inept when I lived there. The mayor was a completely stupid uneducated moron.

I never was a fan of Bay and River street, too touristy for me. Except for the occasional Call A Cab drink at Wet Willies.... 😁

Yes, there are a lot of folks who can afford high end eating- I took customers downtown routinely when I worked for and later sold to Gulfstream.

Also, the tourist trade brings in large amounts of dollars and the restaurant business has always thrived.

SCAD always made me wary- the folks that own it always seemed very slimy.

I never attended a St.Patty's day, too much stupidity from tourists and drunken Army dudes from Hunter AAF and Ft. Stewart.

All of which is why I lived 30 miles away in the fairly unspoiled coastal country. Really wasn't a fan of Savannah much at all.
Ron
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Yeah, because you're a redneck, you richmond hiller!

Speaking of Hilliard's.. :) That place also sucks.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

Reeltarded wrote::oops:

I meant "Detraight"... in umm.. Illinois. Damned spell chec.
Originally named by French explorers/ beaver skin traders "Détruit".

Means "destroyed."

How prescient can you get. Them ol' beaver traders knew what was goin' on.
down technical blind alleys . . .
Lousyatit

Post by Lousyatit »

Ron and Reel, y'all remember Williams seafood, on the way out to the beach?